centerpiece vase sizes and napkin stuff and placecard stuff

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#11 Celina

Celina
  • Banned
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 01:41 PM

Ooooh...these are pretty! Love the colors!
    "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#12 BlingBride

BlingBride
    • 7 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 02:24 PM

I really like the vases, and the napkin idea is cute too. I am doing similar colors, chocolate and slate blue, and I was having a hard time finding ribbons and bows to match the centerpiece. What I finally did was use a clear vase and fill it with colored glass that comes in just about any shade of blue you can imagine, and we are putting a submersible light at the bottom so it kind of glows. I found the colored glass and the lights on ebay pretty cheap. Or you could always use colored water, just a thought.

#13 mpark46

mpark46
      • 154 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 02:38 PM

Those are really neat!

#14 Leia78

Leia78
        • VIP Member
        • 2,459 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 02:49 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by nylalany
          But if I am having 3 vases - will 3 short wide vases look weird? Man, I need to buy some and try it out I guess
          I'm doing 3 vases in varying heights:12X5, 10X5, and 8X5. They'll have drowned orchids w/ a floating candle on top. And I plan to put 8 votives around that. I'm bringing the votives, and renting the vases from my WC.

#15 nylalany

nylalany
          • 625 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 05:10 PM

Leia78 That makes sense - a friend of my mom just told me the centerpieces shouldn't be higher than 12 inches - so you are perfect. If I weren't getting the turquoise vases, I might have tried to drown the antorcha instead - such a cool look! I am leaning twds three 8x2 vases with 2 stems of antorchas each, with little voltive candles scattered around the vases. The WC said I'd only have about 14 inches of space on the the table for the centerpiece area.

#16 Leia78

Leia78
            • VIP Member
            • 2,459 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 05:57 PM

Quote:
              Leia78 That makes sense - a friend of my mom just told me the centerpieces shouldn't be higher than 12 inches - so you are perfect. If I weren't getting the turquoise vases, I might have tried to drown the antorcha instead - such a cool look! I am leaning twds three 8x2 vases with 2 stems of antorchas each, with little voltive candles scattered around the vases. The WC said I'd only have about 14 inches of space on the the table for the centerpiece area.
              i can't wait to see your centerpeices. They're going to look so colorful and festive, perfect for a DW!

#17 JABride

JABride
              • 145 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 12:46 AM

that's really pretty ... nice !! I agree the max height would be 12' (that's how high mine is and it looks perfect)

#18 jarauz

jarauz
                • 251 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 01:13 AM

That blue is beautiful. I love them.

#19 h&a

h&a
                  • 321 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 01:27 AM

Quote:
                    Sorry to bother you all about such a small details, but...

Flores Julieta in Cancun was able to find turquoise cylinder vases for me!! -
                    I love the vases! It's exactly what I've been looking for! Do you know who Flores Julieta is getting them from? My resort is taking care of my flowers, but I want to find vases just like those ones - the color is perfect!

#20 tlomlad

tlomlad
                    • Banned
                    • 1,949 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 02:58 AM

i think that the contrast is amazing...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users