Site for rehearsal dinner

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 dms8447

• 12 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 07:30 PM

We're staying at the CasaMagna Cancun. Any suggestions for a spot for a rehearsal dinner (about 50 people) in July that's kid friendly and won't break the bank?

#2 melglnh2o

• 1,016 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 12:49 AM

When I was in Cancun last month, I ate at a place called Casa de las Margaritas. It was definitely kid friendly and it was in a nice area to walk around in. There was some kind of aquarium right there and also a place to watch dolphins swim. The food was good at the restaurant and there is a nice area upstairs that would give you a bit more privacy and you can overlook the rest of the restaurant. Plus they have mariachis perform in the center of the restaurant. I believe they sent me pricing because I thought about having my rehearsal there. I will check tomorrow but PM me if you are interested and I can email you the pricing and some photos. BTW, the banana strawberry margaritas were AWESOME!

#3 Matt Adcock

Matt Adcock
      • Vendor
      • 1,243 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 05:38 PM

a la cueva del chango...

La Cueva del Chango Restaurante Mexicano en Playa del Carmen

in Playa del Carmen, 5th & 38th.. one of our favorite places and the MOST UNIQUE spot in town

#4 dms8447

• 12 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 02:44 AM

Thanks for the info! I think my FI was wanting more of a seafood restaurant near the hotel rather than a Mexican place

#5 RECancunBride

• 30 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 04:56 PM

I highly recommend the restaurant in the hotel. I got married there in November and that is where we ate after the wedding (about 30 people). They do like to make a menu for that many people. I will try to think where else we ate - what seafood rest. were you thinking about?

#6 beth

• 128 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 06:33 PM

I am also looking for an off resort location to have a rehersal dinner. Does anyone have suggestions? We are getting married at EDR, so some place in PDC would be closest....I think!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users