Canadian Bride Planning Wedding in PDC, Mexico

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 sledge_ams

sledge_ams
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 08:24 PM

Hello Everyone,

Glad to be joining this forum. Just starting my research into my PDC Wedding in November 2007. Debating between Grand XCaret Occidental, Riu Palace and Iberostar Lindo. Having a group of about 40, all age ranges, so thinking best to go with all-inclusive that's larger. Need to keep it affordable for guest as well.
    Any advice is much appreciated. Look forward to participating in forums.

Thanks to Jackie for referring me to this site!
    Andrea:

#2 Christine

Christine
    • VIP Member
    • 21,514 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
    • Wedding Location:Napa, California
    • LocationReno, NV

Posted 01 January 2007 - 08:26 PM

Welcome to the forum--you will find such great information on this forum. There are a lot of other brides looking or planning in the same areas as you. Good Luck and let us know if you need anything specific...
    Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#3 Jackie

Jackie
    • 2,290 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 08:46 PM

Hi Andrea,

I'm glad you made it over to the forum! It really is so helpfull.

Have you ever been to PDC? I havent but have done some research into it. All of the resorts you have mentioned seem great for a wedding that includes children and can host a larger guest list and is also affordable for your guests.

I havent heard much about the Iberostar as far as weddings go but my boss stays there when he heads over to Mexico and he loves it. RIU's are always a good choice for weddings because they are very experienced with DW's. We are also getting married at the Occidental Grand Xcaret and as far as the resorts mentioned above goes (except for the beach) I think this one is the prettiest. Obviously I'm a bit biased to that resort though. lol.

If you have any specific questions feel free to post them and they are sure to be answered!
      My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
      http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

#4 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 01 January 2007 - 09:03 PM

welcome to the forum!! let us know how we can help! Playa del carmen is a gret palce to get married and you have some good choices already.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#5 -Kate-

-Kate-
      • VIP Member
      • 7,676 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 09:54 PM

Welcome!! I'm not a PDC bride but let me know if you need any generic help.

#6 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
        • 5,248 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 10:04 PM

Welcome!! Playa del carmen is gorgeous! I have been there once although for the life of me I can't remember where I stayed, even though I do recall it being an AI. I will try to find out where I stayed b/c it was gorgeous, affordable and I remember there was a wedding that took place there that looked really nice. Best of luck with all your planning.

-Glenda

#7 jthrasher

jthrasher
          • Banned
          • 486 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 10:38 PM

Welcome! lots of very helpful information in this forum as I'm sure you've noticed. good luck with your planning and I'm happy to help in any way I can.

Jonathan

PS... I love Canadians! I have tons of Canadian friends and I've only met 1 Canuck I didn't like.

#8 sledge_ams

sledge_ams
            • 3 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 06:12 PM

Hi Jackie,

No I have never been to PDC, so I'm flying a little blind here. Thanks for your tips on the beach and the travel time to PDC. I can understand what you said about Edith, I'm sure that is true. I have a friend getting married at the Grand Gala Esmeralda in February. I unfortunately am not going (she's a school friend, we are not super close). My fiancee and I decided to book a last minute cruise instead--but we are headed down the Baja side of Mexico.
              So I pretty much have to rely on other people's advice
              Andrea:

#9 sledge_ams

sledge_ams
              • 3 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 06:15 PM

Hi Glenda,

Thanks, if you can remember where you stayed that would be great. I'm not making a trip down there before hand and have never been before so I'm pretty much relying on other peoples' references.
                Andrea:

#10 Jackie

Jackie
                • 2,290 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 06:23 PM

Hi Andrea,
                  Not to worry, a lot of brides dont make it down for a site visit and everything still works out wonderfully. Just really try and grab all and any info you can find on your top resorts and than compare them all, prices, location, style etc... Then book the resort that overall best suites your wedding needs.
                  If you go to the search bar at the top of this page you should be able to find some good info on both the OGX and the RIU palace. I'm not sure if this forum has any info on the Iberostar yet.
                  My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
                  http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users