Photo

How I wore Red Lipstick on my wedding day...

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#11 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 18,759 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 04:41 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by foxytv
    Oh, wow, I'm so going to buy this!

I LOVE the color red that I got years ago from Bare Escentuals. I still use it to this day. I'll try to find it online and post.

But this lip sealer is awesome!

yes, please post. I'm going to sephora to try on some red lipstick. I need to find my wedding day lip color & eye color. I have everything else.

#12 boscobel

boscobel
    • VIP Member
    • 24,213 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 04:43 PM

I bought this earlier also. Now onto the hunt for the perfect red!

Jenn - does it make your lips shiny like lipgloss? I really like the look of matte red lipstick, but if this works and makes your lips shiny, whatev.

#13 Amy&Andy

Amy&Andy
      • VIP Member
      • 3,405 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 04:45 PM

Buying this.....thanks dear!

#14 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 18,759 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 04:54 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by carly
          I bought this earlier also. Now onto the hunt for the perfect red!

Jenn - does it make your lips shiny like lipgloss? I really like the look of matte red lipstick, but if this works and makes your lips shiny, whatev.
          I read it makes your lips more matte. I searched around to see if I could find it cheaper & this waas the best deal. I also read some reviews & it sounds great. Just can't wait to try it.

#15 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 18,759 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 04:55 PM

PS. My FI thinks gwen steffani is hot so he'll probably like seeing me in red lipstick.

#16 boscobel

boscobel
            • VIP Member
            • 24,213 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 05:12 PM

Hey, I think Gwen Stefani is hot, so I wouldn't mind having a temporary resemblance either! Hahahahaa

#17 Jenn

Jenn
              • 1,557 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 08:02 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Morgan
                I will probably be getting some too. Did it make your lips feel dry? I am a chapstick addict & I need that glossy feeling. I'm also a mouth breather (I know I'm so ashamed) and my lips get yucky so I take off my lipstick every hour or two & reapply. Did it ever get yucky?
                I am also a chapstick addict... when you initially put it on, your lips feel a little tacky, but it goes away quickly. It didn't get yucky at all, just sort of kept my lips stained the color. I did put liner on underneath the color for my whole lip (I always do with dark lipsticks).

Carly it makes the lipstick matte, and you cannot put a gloss on top or the lipstick will come off. Also, don't get a lipstick that has a gloss component. I had bought a lipstick that was supposed to go on with a shine like gloss, and it definitely didn't work with that one. But, with normal mattes, it does wonders! I also put a few coats of the Lipchic on, which was recommended by the salon I went to.

#18 boscobel

boscobel
                • VIP Member
                • 24,213 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 10:59 PM

Cool. I def want the matte look. I will have to go to a makeup counter sometime soon to get this shit all figured out...

#19 babycow

babycow
                  • 367 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 12:31 PM

Has anyone recieved their Lipchic sealer from the site? Just wondering before placing an order with a website I'm not familiar with.

Thanks for the tip on this, I'm compiling my makeup shopping list and this is def on it.
                    http://i206.photobuc....DERICA_242.jpg
                    Erica and Tim
                    Dreams Tulum
                    Mexico
                    May 17, 2008

#20 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 18,759 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 12:35 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by babycow
                      Has anyone recieved their Lipchic sealer from the site? Just wondering before placing an order with a website I'm not familiar with.

Thanks for the tip on this, I'm compiling my makeup shopping list and this is def on it.
                      I have. It came in right away.

I tested it last night around the house. I looked pretty silly with red lipstick & my PJs.

I want to try it for a longer time, but it worked pretty good last night. It did sting a little when I put it on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users