Photo

Multiple resort weddings on your wedding day?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 mpark46

mpark46
  • 154 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 02:36 PM

Are there hotels/resorts that limit the number of weddings available on any given day?

I'm not sure how I feel about sharing my wedding day...I know that dreams says that your "special time is yours and yours only," but does that mean they block off a certain amount of hours? How does that work?

Do the Westin and the Sheraton really limit weddings to one per day?

We're most likely getting married this November and I need to hurry up and pick a venue!!
    (Is November even a busy wedding month?)

#2 MissyR

MissyR
    • 1,210 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 02:57 PM

We are getting married this November too! It is certainly not as busy in November as it is in other months!

The one wedding day resorts are hard to find - that was a major consideration for us which is why we picked the Paradisus - I know that Azul Beach as well only does one per day!

#3 Yari

Yari
      • VIP Member
      • 10,928 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 03:03 PM

I am not sure about the resports. I know Las Caletas, PV only has one wedding at a time. So the place is all yours no sharing.

#4 trishmcdon

trishmcdon
        • 8 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 03:36 PM

I know Dreams Tulum has up to 3 weddings a day.
          On my wedding wedding day their was two.
          I didn't mind but ya I kinda felt like it was a wedding factory.

#5 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
          • 1,830 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 03:43 PM

Dreams Punta Cana told me they only do one wedding per day & it was the deciding factor for me. The other resort I was interested in had another wedding 2 hours after mine and I just didnt like that too much.

#6 Doc2B&LosCabosBride2B

Doc2B&LosCabosBride2B
            • 47 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 04:11 PM

Yes, the Westin only does one wedding per day...often you are the only wedding the entire weekend. That's why I chose it.
              "LOVE OF MY LIFE!"

#7 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
              • 11,659 posts
              • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 18 February 2008 - 05:16 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by mpark46
              Are there hotels/resorts that limit the number of weddings available on any given day?

I'm not sure how I feel about sharing my wedding day...I know that dreams says that your "special time is yours and yours only," but does that mean they block off a certain amount of hours? How does that work?

Do the Westin and the Sheraton really limit weddings to one per day?

We're most likely getting married this November and I need to hurry up and pick a venue!!
              (Is November even a busy wedding month?)
              i was the only wedding of the day at freams cabo...usually if it is a larger wedding they will just do one. but many people had their wedding at same time as another and they didnt notice or mind.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
              Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
              Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
              Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
              sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
              Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#8 nkslats79

nkslats79
              • 8 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 01:43 AM

I was wondering the same thing, but Yessica at Dreams Cabo said that they limit it to two a day. I've booked ours for November 23rd this year, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed we're the only ones.

#9 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
                • 11,659 posts
                • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 19 February 2008 - 02:24 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by nkslats79
                I was wondering the same thing, but Yessica at Dreams Cabo said that they limit it to two a day. I've booked ours for November 23rd this year, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed we're the only ones.

go here to see who may be getting married around your date: http://bestdestinati...com/forum/t8810

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
                Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
                Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
                Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
                sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
                Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#10 moxie06

moxie06
                • 8 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 03:32 PM

We're having our wedding at the Westin and that is what the WC specifically said. She actually mentioned that there would only be one event per week. So the place is all yours and your guests. That was a nice surprise when we toured the resort (after booking the date).
                  Kimberly & Scott
                  10.11.08The Westin, Los Cabos

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users