1,000 phone bill?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 BePhoto

• 202 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 01:17 PM

Seriously? - I opened my bill today and see 1,000 in charges!! I normally pay 110/month!!

After throwing a little hissy-fit -- I called in and found out what happened...

turns out when one of the sales people called me to update my plan so it would be cheaper for me....... he LIED!! -- He said data would be 1.99/MB -- but apparently he didnt know it did not apply to my phone! -- Luckily, Verizon did provide good customer service and credited me back almost $900...... but none-the-less..... shouldnt the sales go KNOW WHAT HE IS SELLING before he just makes stuff up.

Just had to rant about that!! -- I will say that my experiences with Verizon are still about a million times better than with my cable TV/internet provider -- COMCAST!! ------ dont get me started on them!!

#2 LisaG

• VIP Member
    • 7,839 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 01:19 PM

Holy crap!! I would have started crying if I saw that! I'm glad Verizon made it right and gave you the credit.

#3 MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 10,366 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 01:22 PM

omg! I am so glad they took care of that for you!

#4 jean-marcus

• 1,565 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 02:09 PM

HOLLYYYY SCHNKIKEEESSSS.... thats insane... my parents got a pretty hefty bill of like 200 bucks from when i was down in tulum mexico and called them collect from the hotel. it was like close to 20 bucks a minute or some S*** like that. i cant believe they are allowed to charge that much and not warn you.

#5 lscilley

• 1,466 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 02:31 PM

Wow that crazy at least they credited you.

#6 Karen

• 1,308 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 02:42 PM

Yikes! Glad they credited you!
              <center><embed src="http://www.widdlytin...nancyticker.swf" FlashVars="t1=Baby Lambert is on the way&b=7&c=0xCC00CC&f=5&y=2010&m=4&d=14" quality="high" wmode="transparent" width="430" height="115" name="Pregnancy Ticker" align="middle"...

#7 Christine

• VIP Member
              • 21,514 posts
              • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
              • Wedding Location:Napa, California
              • LocationReno, NV

Posted 18 February 2008 - 02:53 PM

yes Comcast in the DC area sucks, they turned off our internet last weekend for no reason. We are moving next weekend and will have Cox again.
              So happy Verizon credited your account.
              Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#8 Yari

• VIP Member
              • 10,928 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 03:01 PM

Yikes, I would have freaked out too!

When we got our first bill for electricity a few months ago it was over $300, I swear I thought I was going to throw up. Turns out they read our meter wrong.

That is great to hear Verizon has great customer service.

#9 becks

• VIP Member
                • 4,881 posts
                • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
                • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
                • LocationNew York

Posted 18 February 2008 - 03:30 PM

Daaaaang! I remember reading about people getting dinged with huge bills when the I phone first came out, but never anyone I knew.

I'm so glad it all got worked out!

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#10 ACDCDCAC

• Moderators
                • 25,218 posts
                • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
                • LocationSeattle

Posted 18 February 2008 - 03:33 PM

Wow I would have freaked! Good thing they took care of you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users