40 replies to this topic

#31 -Kate-

-Kate-
  • VIP Member
  • 7,676 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 11:02 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by HydneW
    Great idea of giving the gifts beforehand. I originally wanted to leave a beach bag in each room with towel, flip flops, and sunscreen. But, they will probably pack those with them anyways. I was also thinking of cup insulators so that our drinks won't get warm too quickly on the beach. Does that sound lame?
    There is a whole post on koozies (insulators) somewhere on the site. Tons of people are doing them - including me!

#32 soon2bmrsbyers

soon2bmrsbyers
    • 56 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 01:48 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by kay726
      I am making my own luggage tags from a template from a knottie. I bought clear tags that I can laminate at staples so each person will have a personalized luggage tag. Feel free to email me at kay726@aol.com if you would like the template. I plan on mailing the luggage tags when people rsvp with a little welcome package to get them excited for the trip. I am going to put ; jamaica brochures, a little 25 cent tropical calendar from Micheal's craft store and a mini rum cake from Rum Cake Fairy bakes gourmet dessert cakes nestled in a hand-crafted keepsake hatbox for all occasions and gift giving that will be decorated in my welcome package.
      Did you find a good price for clear luggage tags. I've been looking and the est I've found is for approx $8 for 5
      http://img11.mytextg....cf932f433e.gifJune 2007RIU Palace Las Americas Cancun

#33 kay726

kay726
      • 218 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 02:01 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by soon2bmrsbyers
        Did you find a good price for clear luggage tags. I've been looking and the est I've found is for approx $8 for 5
        Hi , I picked up the tags from Staples. I only got 25 pack instead of the 50 pack , so it was a little less. Here is the link that I found.Staples.com®. that was easy®. . I think the tags that you are refering to are self sealing tags which I think I am going to buy next because it will be a pain in the butt to go to staples and get the original tags that I bought laminated for .99 for a letter size page, or like 8 tags. The self sealing tags make it easier for me to do the tags one by one as people rsvp instead of having to do batches. Please let me know if I can be of further help.

#34 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 24,768 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 06:50 PM

Just came across this site - it has some cute stuff.

Beach Wedding Favors by Two Hearts Wedding Favors

#35 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
          • 5,248 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 07:05 PM

Ann I had stumbled upon this website a couple of months ago. I was planning on buying the flip flop candles ($0.89 each pair) and instead of giving them out as favors, I am going to ask the resort to fill a martini glass with water at each setting and let the candles float in the water. Then I plan to tie a ribbon around the glass that says "The Perfect Pair". I just think it will look cute and give some color to my table.

-Glenda

#36 soon2bmrsbyers

soon2bmrsbyers
            • 56 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 12:43 AM

Wow Kay. Thanks for the link to staples... So are the kind that you led me to the kind that you have to laminate yourself? How hard is that. I didn't quite understand. Or are these the easy ones? Thats a great price.
              http://img11.mytextg....cf932f433e.gifJune 2007RIU Palace Las Americas Cancun

#37 anaderoux

anaderoux
              • 3,220 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 03:28 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Nrvsbride
                Ann I had stumbled upon this website a couple of months ago. I was planning on buying the flip flop candles ($0.89 each pair) and instead of giving them out as favors, I am going to ask the resort to fill a martini glass with water at each setting and let the candles float in the water. Then I plan to tie a ribbon around the glass that says "The Perfect Pair". I just think it will look cute and give some color to my table.

-Glenda
                Glenda that's a great idea!!!

#38 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 24,768 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 04:34 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Nrvsbride

-Glenda
                  That really is a cute idea - I'm adding it to my list of stolen ideas!

#39 TOESNTHESND

TOESNTHESND
                  • 486 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 04:36 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Soon to be Mrs. Hull
                    my dad asked me last night, "What are favors and how many do you have to give out" so apparently he was not planning on paying for that. I don't think you have to give favors, I think people used to give almonds or chocolate, but I have been to wedding where people just had the bubbles on the table and had a little note thanking them for coming. I think I will do favors just beacuse I like this one and my fiance does too.
                    Click the image to open in full size.
                    Those are cute. I am getting those for our favors, but I am putting them in the OOT bag so people dont forget them!

#40 jenniferjoy

jenniferjoy
                    • 4 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 09:21 PM

Ditto on the reco for My Wedding Favors - great site! Someone mentioned Two Hearts Wedding Favors also - I took a quick peek and can't wait to check it all out! The prices seemed lower at Two Hearts . . . I've been bargian shopping for a few different favors, so this will be a huge help!

BTW, I am so impressed with everyone's creativity!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users