• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#21 JamaicaBride08

JamaicaBride08
  • 110 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 12:50 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JamaicaBrideToBe
    Beautiful Pics! Can you please tell me, did you use the ROR photographer to take these pictures? What did you think of his services?
    We actually didn't use the RIU photographer... To be honest, I wasn't that impressed w/ his pics, especially considering his prices, but to each her own. We just had some designated family take pictures and I "tried" to put together the best ones. So far, we have over 1000 of family pics that they dumped on kodakgallery under my name. If we got married at home, I would have had no problem paying a lot more for pics, but they would have been more the style that I wanted-cameo/documentary type. Good luck with whatever decision you make!

#22 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 12,193 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 01:09 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by JamaicaBride08
      We actually didn't use the RIU photographer... To be honest, I wasn't that impressed w/ his pics, especially considering his prices, but to each her own. We just had some designated family take pictures and I "tried" to put together the best ones. So far, we have over 1000 of family pics that they dumped on kodakgallery under my name. If we got married at home, I would have had no problem paying a lot more for pics, but they would have been more the style that I wanted-cameo/documentary type. Good luck with whatever decision you make!
      I think your pics came out excellent without having used Michael. I honestly thought that you had a "professional" photog as opposed to family & friends. You also did a great job putting them together.

#23 jaychristensen

jaychristensen
      • 70 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 01:20 AM

Your wedding looked AMAZING!!!! You looked very beautiful! Your pictures just confirmed that I am absolutely going with just the beach and cover that you went with. Nothing beats that beautiful ocean in the background!
        Jocelyn & Cory
        RIU Ocho Rios

#24 JamaicaBrideToBe

JamaicaBrideToBe
        • 89 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 02:17 AM

I agree that they turned out great! I would have never expected that to be family pictures.

#25 Yari

Yari
          • VIP Member
          • 10,928 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 02:21 AM

Welcome back!

Congrats on a wonderful wedding, you looked amazing.

#26 ochoriobride

ochoriobride
            • 489 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 10:18 AM

Congrats!!! Thanks for sharing your picture. Welcome back
              http://tickers.Ticke....ed78/event.png

Justin & NathalieApril 22nd 2008Riu Ocho Rios

#27 juanslake

juanslake
              • 111 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 10:53 AM

Looked like you had a great time! So you had dinner at Mamee Bay first then the reception @ seagrape? What time was your wedding?

#28 JamaicaBride08

JamaicaBride08
                • 110 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 11:14 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by juanslake
                  Looked like you had a great time! So you had dinner at Mamee Bay first then the reception @ seagrape? What time was your wedding?
                  Wedding was at 1pm, then dinner at Mamee at 7, then seagrape from 8:30-11:30. We originally were planning on starting at 8pm, but most were finished with dinner at 8:30-8:45. The nice thing is that Mammee looks down to Seagrape, so a few went down early to set some things up.

#29 hondagirl

hondagirl
                  • 16 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 01:43 PM

Firstly Congratulations to you both, I am curious about the 3g you spent in
                    upgades as you didnt use the photographer would you mind sharing what these were . My son is getting married on March 4 so we are off there in two
                    weeks and any information would be great . Can you remember what the
                    photographer charges even though you didnt use him.

#30 JamaicaBride08

JamaicaBride08
                    • 110 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 01:51 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by hondagirl
                      Firstly Congratulations to you both, I am curious about the 3g you spent in
                      upgades as you didnt use the photographer would you mind sharing what these were . My son is getting married on March 4 so we are off there in two
                      weeks and any information would be great . Can you remember what the
                      photographer charges even though you didnt use him.
                      There is a whole Thread with Photography info. I didn't even look into him since we knew we weren't going to use him.

Seagrape Welcome Cocktail $400 (10 p/p open bar private)
                      Flowers $1000 (Bridal and 5 bridesmaids calla lillies, 6 guys, flower girl petals)
                      Steele Drum Band during Ceremony $350
                      Beach Arch $200
                      2 extra bottles of champagne for after ceremony $30
                      "symbolic ceremony charge" (we legally got married here) $165
                      Seagrape Reception $400 (10 p/p open bar private)
                      DJ for 3 hours $350
                      Tipping for everyone... $200-250ish?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users