Sign in to follow this  
Taradactyle

Got my raffia fans

I ordered my raffia fans from Wholesale Wedding Supplies, Discount Wedding Favors, Party Favors, and Bulk Event Supplies

They were 50 cents each... Shipping and tax came out to about an additional $10(I ordered 4 dozen). They arrived via Fed Ex within a few days. Quality-wise, there are probably better ones out there, but for 50 cents I'm not complaining!

I am thinking about tying a fake orchid with satin ribbon to each one, or attaching our wedding programs to the handle using ribbon.

Click the image to open in full size.

I ordered similiar fans from Oriental trading. I got orchids from Michaels and Hobby Lobby to attach and I'm wrapping the handles in pink and purple ribbons. I've only done 2 so far,excuse the extra ribbon this is my practice one

The bright pink orchids are from Michaels and are better quality. They almost feel like rubber. The purple ones are silk and are from Hobby Lobby. Both were 50% off so they were about $2.50 per stem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelve_piece View Post
I ordered similiar fans from Oriental trading. I got orchids from Michaels and Hobby Lobby to attach and I'm wrapping the handles in pink and purple ribbons. I've only done 2 so far,excuse the extra ribbon this is my practice one

The bright pink orchids are from Michaels and are better quality. They almost feel like rubber. The purple ones are silk and are from Hobby Lobby. Both were 50% off so they were about $2.50 per stem.
I got my fans the other day too. I so LOVE your idea!!! I'm taking it...if you don't mind.

I think they look great. Regarding the quality, I would think they are hand made with the intricate weaving so they will not all be perfect. I got a dozen from Oriental Trading too and they look good to me, much bigger than I expected. Since I got these just for the men, I must resist the urge to girlify them with ribbons and flowers, but I do love the way they look with punches of color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leia78 View Post
Courtney, what size ribbon did you use to wrap the fan handle? Was it a satin ribbon?
Yep, satin ribbon size 5/8. I'm using glue dots to secure the ribbon- hobby lobby and michaels sell these in the scrapbooking section. I always burn myself with a glue gun so these are perfect for me. And they don't leave those glue strings.

Quote:
Yep, satin ribbon size 5/8. I'm using glue dots to secure the ribbon- hobby lobby and michaels sell these in the scrapbooking section. I always burn myself with a glue gun so these are perfect for me. And they don't leave those glue strings.
thanks Courtney.

Quote:

Wow!! Those look great! It's waayyy better than what I had in mind. I hope you don't mind me stealing the idea either!