Photo

Bridesmaids dresses

• Please log in to reply
1310 replies to this topic

#981 steph2011

steph2011
  • 82 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:03 PM

What are everyone's thoughts about having your MOH in a different color dress?  I only have three girls in my party, so I am trying to decide if I should have them all in one color or not.  My colors are turquoise and coral, so my MOH may wear turquoise and the other two would wear coral.  I am having trouble deciding.  Please help.

Also, if you were already married and had your MOH in a different color, do you mind posting some pictures???

Thank you so much everyone!

#982 cdc150

cdc150
    • 332 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 05:22 PM

We finally got my girls dresses this weekend.  it's a corset back and I love it! 

bridesmaid dress.jpg

#983 bondgirl0072010

bondgirl0072010
      • 789 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 06:58 PM

Beautiful! Great shape!

Originally Posted by cdc150 

We finally got my girls dresses this weekend.  it's a corset back and I love it! 

bridesmaid dress.jpg

#984 bondgirl0072010

bondgirl0072010
        • 789 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 06:59 PM

Stunning!

Originally Posted by Jessamaka 

Woopse pressed control enter...

It's the "barbara one shoulder" from BCBG http://www.bcbg.com/...rentPage=family

#985 bondgirl0072010

bondgirl0072010
          • 789 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 07:01 PM

Hi Steph2011! I think that even if the MOH is in a different color than the rest of your bridesmaids, you can still have them look cohesive. You could have your MOH wear coral jewelry while the bridesmaids wear turquoise jewelry. There are many different ways to play with the color palette. Another bride that I'm working with is having 2 bridesmaids in fuchsia and 2 in tangerine, but is incorporating different custom hair accessories to tie everything together! Don't be afraid to be unique and express your vision as you want :)

Originally Posted by steph2011 

What are everyone's thoughts about having your MOH in a different color dress?  I only have three girls in my party, so I am trying to decide if I should have them all in one color or not.  My colors are turquoise and coral, so my MOH may wear turquoise and the other two would wear coral.  I am having trouble deciding.  Please help.

Also, if you were already married and had your MOH in a different color, do you mind posting some pictures???

Thank you so much everyone!

#986 Avens

Avens
            • 576 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:40 AM

I initially wanted my girls to go all crazy and get completely different dresses within a few shades of each other, and they all have similar taste, so we ended up matching pretty well! The styles all complement their body types and styles, I'm excited they got it all figured out :)

dresses.jpg

#987 WeddingMay

WeddingMay
              • 208 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 02:21 PM

This has been the hardest thing for me to decide. First we find a dress my maids like and then it doesn't come in the color I want. Aggggghhhh! It's good to see everyone else's picks!!

Married! May 13 2012!

#988 2012mrstobe

2012mrstobe
                • 164 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:42 PM

I am so happy to have found this link! I have a maid and matron of honor only and they are both my sisters. I initially told the older of the two that I would send her the shade of the dress and I would leave it up to her to find fabulous dresses that they both liked and could wear again. She kept telling me she wished she was a designer because she could picture the dress in her head but couldn't really describe it. After I saw this link and fell in love with this dress, I sent her the link. She loved it! I plan to order one for myself to wear later on that evening. I know I would like the ivory one but I am beginning to think I want another one in color!! I ordered swatches and can't wait to get them in.

#989 2012mrstobe

2012mrstobe
                  • 164 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:45 PM

I am so happy to have found this link! I have a maid and matron of honor only and they are both my sisters. I initially told the older of the two that I would send her the shade of the dress and I would leave it up to her to find fabulous dresses that they both liked and could wear again. She kept telling me she wished she was a designer because she could picture the dress in her head but couldn't really describe it. After I saw this link and fell in love with this dress, I sent her the link. She loved it! I plan to order one for myself to wear later on that evening. I know I would like the ivory one but I am beginning to think I want another one in color!! I ordered swatches and can't wait to get them in.

Oops! I thought I was quoting The post about the Henkaa dresses. That's what my entire post was referring to.

#990 J-me

J-me
                    • 398 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 08:32 PM

I've had the EXACT same frustrations!! My BM's color is coral, but I can't find just the right shade in a dress I like (& I feel like I've looked at TONS) - I either like the shade & don't like the style or vice versa...but like you, I love seeing everyone else's picks! Good luck finding yours :)

Originally Posted by WeddingMay 

This has been the hardest thing for me to decide. First we find a dress my maids like and then it doesn't come in the color I want. Aggggghhhh! It's good to see everyone else's picks!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users