Stag N Doe Tickets "Vista Print"

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Excited_Ottawa

• 23 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 07:57 PM

Hahah!! That's awesome!! I had no idea that Stag 'n Doe's were just a Canadian event!! And there's a definition for it too?!!! lol

We actually get to have 2 of them b/c I'm from Ontario and my fiancee is from Cape Breton!!!! Soooo excited!! :)

#22 dayisun

• 59 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 11:41 PM

This sounds like so much fun! In the States we have adopted many traditions from all over the world. In Latin America, for example, there is a similar tradition to the Stag N Doe; instead of having a Bridal Shower thrown by your Bridesmaid, there is a "Good-Bye to Bachelorhood" (or "Despedida") party where everyone pays to attend. The ticket price is usually equal to the cost of food and drink, and you are expected to bring a gift - just like at a shower. In Miami, because of the large Latin population, it is not unusual to receive a Shower invitation indicating the cost per person. I know this may seem strange to some, but if you think about it, it's not a bad way to have a great party without breaking the bank, and most people don't mind paying for the ticket.
      Proud Mother of the Bride

#23 Debs

• VIP Member
      • 7,104 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 11:26 AM

I always wondered what despedida meant! Thanks for enlightening us!

#24 RaydensMama

• VIP Member
        • 2,861 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 11:36 AM

What a great idea!! I would have never thought to do that!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users