Photo

Invitations with Photo Ideas???

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Sunsierra

Sunsierra
  • 226 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 12:36 PM

We were thinking about having one of our wedding pics on the invation for the AHR (the picture being the background with writing on the side or with a vellum overlay - not too sure). Just wondering what you think And if you have any ideas or inspiration pics - please post em....

Thanks!!
    http://i210.photobuc....J-0109-166.jpg
    Stacy & Joel
    Gran Bahia Principe, Mexico
    January 9, 2008MARRIED!!!!Our Review Our Pictures

#2 StephanieMN

StephanieMN
    • 1,798 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 12:43 PM

Click the image to open in full size.

Sunrise Creations: Chic, Contemporary and Personalised Wedding Stationery, Wedding Invitations and Photo Wedding Thank You Cards - Sydney

I also know that vistaprint has some great templates.

#3 manda0812

manda0812
      • 343 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 11:56 PM

great idea, I found a great website but do you think I can remember.. I will hunt it down, they had loads of invites/thank you cards with pictures that looked great.. I will get back to you in a day or two

#4 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 6,996 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 12:49 AM

Here's an example of invites that we all kinda came up with as a collaborative effort for Morgan. I know she had these printed through Vistaprint and they turned out really cute. Here's the thread: Click the image to open in full size.

#5 tlomlad

tlomlad
          • Banned
          • 1,949 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 07:41 PM

i think that its a really cute idea

#6 IslandLover

IslandLover
            • 96 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 10:21 AM

I have a similar question...I have a picture that we had made in St. Maarten of our feet, and in the background is the ocean...we want to turn this into a STD with just the photo and info on the back....Im not sure of where I can do this at. Vista print seems to have the photos, but then extra printing beside the photo.

Any ideas on how to just get the photo as the STD with wording on the back and maybe the date over the picture?

Thanks
              IslandLover

#7 Bride010101

Bride010101
              • 1,547 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 11:14 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by IslandLover
                I have a similar question...I have a picture that we had made in St. Maarten of our feet, and in the background is the ocean...we want to turn this into a STD with just the photo and info on the back....Im not sure of where I can do this at. Vista print seems to have the photos, but then extra printing beside the photo.

Any ideas on how to just get the photo as the STD with wording on the back and maybe the date over the picture?

Thanks
                If you use VistaPrint you can do the postcards (which you should be able to get like 100 free with a coupon code)...

Then you either click upload your own design (which you can uploadyour photo) and words for the back.

Or they way I like is to click use template. But then at the top of the template list is has the option to "start with a blank template". Then you can upload your photo on the first one and add a text box if you want with the date. Then on the back you can type up what you want.

#8 Bride010101

Bride010101
                • 1,547 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 11:17 AM

For example her is one of my drafts when I was working on postcards/magents for my STDS:

To make it look a little better (font wise) I ended up using powerpoint to design it so I had more font and shading options... and then uploaded it into VistaPrint.

#9 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
                  • Moderators
                  • 25,218 posts
                  • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
                  • LocationSeattle

Posted 20 February 2008 - 11:25 AM

These are the Vistaprint postscards we did, we kept the back blank with just the line running top to bottom to divide the address/wording sides. We got 100 free (just shipping) by googling "100 free postcards vistaprint" and clicking one of the links that came up. We got them really fast, less than a week even tho we picked the 21-day option, and they were very sharp and clear, great color.
                  Also an idea you could use to make your own invites with pic, this is just a trial I did, but you can insert a watermark onto your layout, and then change the strength of the transparency.

#10 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
                  • 4,881 posts
                  • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
                  • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
                  • LocationNew York

Posted 20 February 2008 - 11:28 AM

I think it's a great idea. The velum overlay with the text would be really pretty, although slightly more formal.

If you're doing STD postcards, be sure to leave room to print the addresses (been there... made that error).

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users