Sign in to follow this  
starchild

The best beach/beaches you've been to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by starchild View Post
One of my bf's is from the Philippines and I've seen pictures of the beach at her old house and you're so right...gorgeous!
plus, it's super cheap over there! You can get a massage for a couple of US dollars!!!! The exchange rate is something ridiculous like 50 (or more now) to 1 US dollar!!!

Totally! Also, I grew up with a lot of people from there and they (the ones I know anyway) had maids and nannies and were driven to school in limos. When their parents moved them to Cali they were all bummed that they didn't have those things anymore. Talk about culture shock...lol

the place we stayed in turks & caicos had beautiful beaches! It used to be the allegro resort but I think they tore it down and built a new resort there.

And alas, I have no pictures, because we went there before digital cameras got big, so I just have actual pictures, none on the computer and no scanner.

oh, another thing about that beach, it was considered some type of national park or something, can't remember exactly, but further out, there were huge starfish down at the bottom. we were snorkeling out there one day and saw them, I mean GIANT starfish, it was cool.

I've never been to this beach but my hairdresser rants and raves about the Margarita Islands off the coast of Venezuela. Apparently they have sunshine for 9 hours a day, the beaches are gorgeous, and you can buy beer fo $.50 cents each! Sounds like my kind of island!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nrvsbride View Post
I've never been to this beach but my hairdresser rants and raves about the Margarita Islands off the coast of Venezuela. Apparently they have sunshine for 9 hours a day, the beaches are gorgeous, and you can buy beer fo $.50 cents each! Sounds like my kind of island!
Shut your mouth! Not 2 days ago I'm scouring the internet for pretty Caribbean places most people don't go and I came across the Margarita Islands! And yes, things are super cheap there.
Look how pretty:
Click the image to open in full size.

For me, a certain beaches are beautiful for various reasons and different activities you can do there.

Some beaches are great because you can drive on them like Polihale State Park in Kauai, HI

Other beaches are great because they have great snorkeling like Hanauma Bay on Ohau

I can't remember the name of this beach. It was on the east/northeast coast of Ohau.

Some of the most beautiful beaches to me are the ones where I have the greatest memories of hanging out and camping with my friends. They aren't the most pleasing to the eye, but we had great times there.

great times from my days in Hawaii. a couple of theses might need to go in the "funny photos of you" thread :-)

I miss my Jeep!!!