Photo

Bikini Wax?

• Please log in to reply
331 replies to this topic

#41 LindsayG

LindsayG
  • 95 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 01:17 PM

I am SO glad this thread got started...I've always thought about getting a Brazilian, but was too scared to ask around about the experience!

I think I might get this done before the wedding...how long before would be ideal? I don't want to get it too close and be irritated, but I also wouldn't want it to start re-growing before the wedding! Any ideas?
    Lindsay & Billy
    July 11, 2008
    Paradisus Punta Cana

#42 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
    • 1,260 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 01:26 PM

I'm a wimp! I've never even gotten my eyebrows waxed. If there any other wimps out there, I recommend Nair bikini. It smells like rotten eggs while you have it on, but 5-10 minutes later you are smooth sailing. for me, it lasts about 4-5 days but it's totally painless : )
      See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

#43 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
      • 4,881 posts
      • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
      • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
      • LocationNew York

Posted 14 February 2008 - 01:39 PM

I find that the eyebrow and lip do tend to cause little pimples.

Nothing like that with legs or bikini though.

Frankly, I use a depilitator on my legs (think epilady, but they are so much better these days), and I swear by it. Yes, it hurts, but there is no regrowth for almost 2 weeks. And I can do it whenever I want, and it doesn't cost me $45 a session. That being said, I can't use it on my bikini. It's not as quick as waxing, and just too OWWIE!

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#44 sohappy

sohappy
      • 260 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 04:46 PM

For those that are getting eyebrows waxed, I recommend finding someone who can do it by "string". Once you get your eyebrows/lips done by string you will never go back to wax. I love it.

The esthetician sp? takes a thin string and pulls the hair. It doesn't hurt and IMO it looks cleaner.

This process is used by different ethnic groups but its becoming a trend.

#45 Helen_S81

Helen_S81
        • 985 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 04:50 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by sohappy
          For those that are getting eyebrows waxed, I recommend finding someone who can do it by "string". Once you get your eyebrows/lips done by string you will never go back to wax. I love it.

The esthetician sp? takes a thin string and pulls the hair. It doesn't hurt and IMO it looks cleaner.

This process is used by different ethnic groups but its becoming a trend.
          I believe its called 'threading' at least around here it is. My daughter pays $3 at one of the local Indian beauty shops.

#46 boscobel

boscobel
          • VIP Member
          • 24,213 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 04:53 PM

so happy - that sounds interesting! Perhaps I will check it out before my wedding, so I dn't have to worry about my few strays and then the blonde ones that might shimmer in pictures.

#47 sohappy

sohappy
            • 260 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 04:59 PM

Thanks Helen, it is called threading , I couldn't think of the name for the life of me. $3.00? Thats awesome. I have paid $7 to $12.

#48 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
              • 1,260 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 05:10 PM

my BF does the threading for her eyebrows, it looks way better than waxing, but she says it hurts more. I guess everyone's pain threshhold is different. Mine is zero!

#49 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
                • 1,260 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 05:14 PM

my BF does the threading for her eyebrows, it looks way better than waxing, but she says it hurts more. I guess everyone's pain threshhold is different. Mine is zero!

#50 JennyK

JennyK
                  • 3,502 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 06:34 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by LindsayG
                    I am SO glad this thread got started...I've always thought about getting a Brazilian, but was too scared to ask around about the experience!

I think I might get this done before the wedding...how long before would be ideal? I don't want to get it too close and be irritated, but I also wouldn't want it to start re-growing before the wedding! Any ideas?
                    If you do it the week before, you shouldnt have a problem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users