Jump to content

Photo

Bikini Wax?


  • Please log in to reply
331 replies to this topic

#31 becks

becks

    VIP

  • VIP Member
  • 4,881 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
  • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
  • LocationNew York

Posted 14 February 2008 - 09:48 AM

Depending on where you are a playboy can be a brazilian and vice-versa. Coming from LA to NY I figured that out the hard way. Generally, both get rid of lots of hair, including back between your cheeks. However, depending on who you talk to, sometimes a brazilian is "take everything" (think 4-year old), and sometimes they leave a landing strip.

Personally, I don't want to be totally naked because (a) the whole prepubescent thing freaks me out and (B) the regrowth isn't comfortable. But, if you want to give it a try, go for it!

A couple of other hints: (1) do NOT have a wax the few days before or during your period if you can help it - its just more painful. (2) There will be some ingrown hairs. Almost everyone gets a few. Use a loofah after the third day or so (once your skin is all recovered) for several days - a couple circles in each direction all over your bikini area is usually enough - it's an extra 15 seconds in the shower and will save you so much aggravation down the road.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more


#32 JennyK

JennyK
  • Sr. Member
  • 3,502 posts

    Posted 14 February 2008 - 11:16 AM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mauraw
    do you mean take advil before or after? my esthetician (thanks for correcting us with the proper word so i can stop calling her my wax girl haha) told me ibuprofen increases the chances of bleeding, and i noticed she was right the one time i thought well maybe shes wrong and took it anyway, i bled a bunch more than i usually do. what say you, miss waxing authority? hehe
    I'd take it afterwards only if you are still hurting.. but after its all done, it really doesnt hurt at all.

    #33 boscobel

    boscobel
    • VIP Member
    • 24,213 posts

      Posted 14 February 2008 - 12:44 PM

      Omg, I am terrified of waxing so much that I went to the extreme and am doing the full extended brazilian laser hair removal. Reading this thread scares me, for some reason. I have had my eyebrows waxed a few times and my eyes get all swollen and then I break out in a ring of pimples around my eyebrows, so I am anti-waxing, but all for the clean look. Matt loves since I started the laser hair removal. Good luck, Lizz!!!

      #34 amandalovesryan

      amandalovesryan
      • Member
      • 933 posts

        Posted 14 February 2008 - 12:46 PM

        carly, how many sessions will that take? does't that hurt or not?
        My favorite type of vacation, a relaxing one!

        http://tickers.Ticke....d7b2/event.png

        #35 rodent

        rodent

          VIP Member

        • VIP Member
        • 18,759 posts

          Posted 14 February 2008 - 12:53 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by amandalovesryan
          carly, how many sessions will that take? does't that hurt or not?
          laser hair removal feels like getting popped with a rubber band. It does hurt, but it's not the most painful feeling.

          I did my upper lip & underarms. I went about 14 times & the hair isn't gone. I gave up. The hair is thinner, but I still shave. I was told I was a perfect candidate for laser hair removal because my hair is dark & my skin is light. I guess I wasn't.

          #36 rodent

          rodent

            VIP Member

          • VIP Member
          • 18,759 posts

            Posted 14 February 2008 - 12:55 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by carly
            Omg, I am terrified of waxing so much that I went to the extreme and am doing the full extended brazilian laser hair removal. Reading this thread scares me, for some reason. I have had my eyebrows waxed a few times and my eyes get all swollen and then I break out in a ring of pimples around my eyebrows, so I am anti-waxing, but all for the clean look. Matt loves since I started the laser hair removal. Good luck, Lizz!!!
            My eyebrows are irritated for 2 weeks after a waxing. it is great for getting the shape though. So I go about every 6 months & pluck in between. I find hydrocortisone cream helps.

            So I'm scared to wax elsewhere. I mean if my eyebrows are that irritated I can't imagine the irritation elsewhere.

            #37 KellyandMatt08

            KellyandMatt08
            • Jr. Member
            • 490 posts

              Posted 14 February 2008 - 12:57 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Alyssa
              Lizz,

              i get a full brazilian every month and have been doing so for years - it is the best!

              i have a great place i can recommend for you but it is in S. Jersey near Route 70 and 73 so 20 minutes from Center City - but the woman i go to is the best and i definitely think worth it! if you want her info, PM me.

              i know of one other thread about this...
              http://bestdestinati....ghlight=bikini

              Alyssa :)
              This is by me, I'd actually be interested too! If thats ok?

              #38 boscobel

              boscobel
              • VIP Member
              • 24,213 posts

                Posted 14 February 2008 - 01:02 PM

                carly, how many sessions will that take? does't that hurt or not?
                Yeah, I was afraid I wasn't an ideal candidate, b/c my skin is so white it's practically clear and my hair is pretty light too, but so far so good. So I don't swear by it yet, but I used to get to irritated shaving that this is already worth it to me. Plus it drives Matt crazy.
                laser hair removal feels like getting popped with a rubber band. It does hurt, but it's not the most painful feeling.

                I did my upper lip & underarms. I went about 14 times & the hair isn't gone. I gave up. The hair is thinner, but I still shave. I was told I was a perfect candidate for laser hair removal because my hair is dark & my skin is light. I guess I wasn't.
                Never thought of hydrocortisone cream, good idea. I only have like 5 stray hairs on my eyebrows, so it's not a necessity for me, but I do have some straggly hairs that grow on my chin that I have been afraid to wax off. Matt makes fun of me all the time, jerk. Perhaps I will try a wax now that I know a cream might help...
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Morgan
                My eyebrows are irritated for 2 weeks after a waxing. it is great for getting the shape though. So I go about every 6 months & pluck in between. I find hydrocortisone cream helps.

                So I'm scared to wax elsewhere. I mean if my eyebrows are that irritated I can't imagine the irritation elsewhere.


                #39 rodent

                rodent

                  VIP Member

                • VIP Member
                • 18,759 posts

                  Posted 14 February 2008 - 01:11 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by carly

                  Never thought of hydrocortisone cream, good idea. I only have like 5 stray hairs on my eyebrows, so it's not a necessity for me, but I do have some straggly hairs that grow on my chin that I have been afraid to wax off. Matt makes fun of me all the time, jerk. Perhaps I will try a wax now that I know a cream might help...
                  Only 5 strays! i'm so jelouse. I am a harry, harry girl. I can pluck my eyebrows every other day and still have some strays.

                  That is awesome you have a 3 year guarantee. I wish I had a package like that. They gave me a lot of free treatments & discounts, but it was still expensive. This was 6 years ago when the technology was newer.

                  I know laser removal for the chins strays would definitly not work because they are hormonal. Maybe waxing would help, but I'd worry about pulling out the thin hairs too. I just pluck my chin strays.

                  #40 Spazz

                  Spazz
                  • VIP Member
                  • 10,482 posts

                    Posted 14 February 2008 - 01:16 PM

                    Thanks for all of the feedback girls!

                    One more question...how long before the hair grows back generally?




                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users