Bikini Wax?

Spazz

Depending on where you are a playboy can be a brazilian and vice-versa. Coming from LA to NY I figured that out the hard way. Generally, both get rid of lots of hair, including back between your cheeks. However, depending on who you talk to, sometimes a brazilian is "take everything" (think 4-year old), and sometimes they leave a landing strip.

Personally, I don't want to be totally naked because (a) the whole prepubescent thing freaks me out and (B) the regrowth isn't comfortable. But, if you want to give it a try, go for it!

A couple of other hints: (1) do NOT have a wax the few days before or during your period if you can help it - its just more painful. (2) There will be some ingrown hairs. Almost everyone gets a few. Use a loofah after the third day or so (once your skin is all recovered) for several days - a couple circles in each direction all over your bikini area is usually enough - it's an extra 15 seconds in the shower and will save you so much aggravation down the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauraw View Post
do you mean take advil before or after? my esthetician (thanks for correcting us with the proper word so i can stop calling her my wax girl haha) told me ibuprofen increases the chances of bleeding, and i noticed she was right the one time i thought well maybe shes wrong and took it anyway, i bled a bunch more than i usually do. what say you, miss waxing authority? 1-pray.gif hehe
I'd take it afterwards only if you are still hurting.. but after its all done, it really doesnt hurt at all.

Omg, I am terrified of waxing so much that I went to the extreme and am doing the full extended brazilian laser hair removal. Reading this thread scares me, for some reason. I have had my eyebrows waxed a few times and my eyes get all swollen and then I break out in a ring of pimples around my eyebrows, so I am anti-waxing, but all for the clean look. Matt loves since I started the laser hair removal. Good luck, Lizz!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandalovesryan View Post
carly, how many sessions will that take? does't that hurt or not?
laser hair removal feels like getting popped with a rubber band. It does hurt, but it's not the most painful feeling.

I did my upper lip & underarms. I went about 14 times & the hair isn't gone. I gave up. The hair is thinner, but I still shave. I was told I was a perfect candidate for laser hair removal because my hair is dark & my skin is light. I guess I wasn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carly View Post
Omg, I am terrified of waxing so much that I went to the extreme and am doing the full extended brazilian laser hair removal. Reading this thread scares me, for some reason. I have had my eyebrows waxed a few times and my eyes get all swollen and then I break out in a ring of pimples around my eyebrows, so I am anti-waxing, but all for the clean look. Matt loves since I started the laser hair removal. Good luck, Lizz!!!
My eyebrows are irritated for 2 weeks after a waxing. it is great for getting the shape though. So I go about every 6 months & pluck in between. I find hydrocortisone cream helps.

So I'm scared to wax elsewhere. I mean if my eyebrows are that irritated I can't imagine the irritation elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
Lizz,

i get a full brazilian every month and have been doing so for years - it is the best!

i have a great place i can recommend for you but it is in S. Jersey near Route 70 and 73 so 20 minutes from Center City - but the woman i go to is the best and i definitely think worth it! if you want her info, PM me.

i know of one other thread about this...
http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...ghlight=bikini

Alyssa :)
This is by me, I'd actually be interested too! If thats ok?

hijacked.gif

Amanda - the first time I barely felt anything, there were like 4 or so zaps that surprised me, but I wouldn't say they hurt. And they were def more at the intimate areas. Afterwards, there was some discomfort (like I said in the thread about it, I felt like I had fire ants in my pants), but that lasted like 30 minutes. The package that I bought has 6 sessions, (I completed 2 and have my 3rd this weekend), and then I am covered for 3 years after the last session if any hair returns. So far so good. The hair grows back much less then it did before and if I shave in the middle, it takes forever for there to be much. So we'll see how it works out in the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandalovesryan View Post
carly, how many sessions will that take? does't that hurt or not?
Yeah, I was afraid I wasn't an ideal candidate, b/c my skin is so white it's practically clear and my hair is pretty light too, but so far so good. So I don't swear by it yet, but I used to get to irritated shaving that this is already worth it to me. Plus it drives Matt crazy.

S&M.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
laser hair removal feels like getting popped with a rubber band. It does hurt, but it's not the most painful feeling.

I did my upper lip & underarms. I went about 14 times & the hair isn't gone. I gave up. The hair is thinner, but I still shave. I was told I was a perfect candidate for laser hair removal because my hair is dark & my skin is light. I guess I wasn't.

Never thought of hydrocortisone cream, good idea. I only have like 5 stray hairs on my eyebrows, so it's not a necessity for me, but I do have some straggly hairs that grow on my chin that I have been afraid to wax off. Matt makes fun of me all the time, jerk. Perhaps I will try a wax now that I know a cream might help...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
My eyebrows are irritated for 2 weeks after a waxing. it is great for getting the shape though. So I go about every 6 months & pluck in between. I find hydrocortisone cream helps.

So I'm scared to wax elsewhere. I mean if my eyebrows are that irritated I can't imagine the irritation elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carly View Post

Never thought of hydrocortisone cream, good idea. I only have like 5 stray hairs on my eyebrows, so it's not a necessity for me, but I do have some straggly hairs that grow on my chin that I have been afraid to wax off. Matt makes fun of me all the time, jerk. Perhaps I will try a wax now that I know a cream might help...
Only 5 strays! i'm so jelouse. I am a harry, harry girl. I can pluck my eyebrows every other day and still have some strays.

That is awesome you have a 3 year guarantee. I wish I had a package like that. They gave me a lot of free treatments & discounts, but it was still expensive. This was 6 years ago when the technology was newer.

I know laser removal for the chins strays would definitly not work because they are hormonal. Maybe waxing would help, but I'd worry about pulling out the thin hairs too. I just pluck my chin strays.