• Please log in to reply
331 replies to this topic

#221 angelov321

angelov321
  • 548 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 09:17 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bsf&jpg
    I am blessed to have a place in Houston that uses natural agents such as sugar and lemon to wax. It doesnt pull the skin, only hair, and its not painful. I go every 5-6 weeks for brazilian (landing strip) and my under arms. GL
    Where in Houston? I just moved here not too long ago so I dont know anyone well enough yet to ask for any recommendations. I dont feel comforable yet to try somewhere I know nothing about.

#222 mnh1983

mnh1983
    • 743 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 09:20 PM

I don't think I'm brave enough to go for a Brazilian. As for just a bikini wax...I made the mistake of trying to use an at-home kit before. It was disastrous and painful! And sticky! Hahahahaha!

#223 bsf&jpg

bsf&jpg
      • 222 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 11:04 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by angelov321
        Where in Houston? I just moved here not too long ago so I dont know anyone well enough yet to ask for any recommendations. I dont feel comforable yet to try somewhere I know nothing about.
        Cleopatra's Secret off of Memorial & Kirkwood. ITS THE BEST!!!! Adi makes you feel sooooooo comfortable and at ease! She is the sweetest! GL! Let me know how it went!!!

#224 purpleshells

purpleshells
        • 338 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 09:29 PM

I went to get waxed last week..didnt hurt as much as i thought it would....i did legs.underarms.bikini area.....it was not fun gotta tell you that there was a few times i had to bite my lip..mostly around the ankle area tho....but i love it afterwards...i havent shaved since..been a week..love it....kinda thinking about the brazilian but am terrified i youtubed it...dont do that.lol.....scary

#225 boscobel

boscobel
          • VIP Member
          • 24,213 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 11:37 AM

Ugh, this thread is SO long! I need to start from the beginning fresh b/c I'm going in for my 2nd brazilian on Friday morning.

Sadly there is nothing I can do about it being right before AF is supposed to show up, so I'll be more sensitive. I tried to get in tonight or tomorrow, but nothing available.

I'm already nervous again! I cried like a baby the last time...

#226 KristinaM

KristinaM
            • VIP Member
            • 3,082 posts
            • Wedding Date:April 18, 2013
            • Wedding Location:Ocean Blue & Sand, Punta Cana
            • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 21 April 2010 - 12:03 PM

aww Car- I have to go Saturday. Just take some advil/tylenol about a half hour before. You'll be ok! At least now you know what to expect so just try and relax and it will be over before you know it!

#227 Cindy*

Cindy*
            • 2,655 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 12:58 PM

I agree with Kristina. Carly, I hope it all goes well tomorrow. I just went today. Through regular visits, it will get a lot easier to take.

#228 boscobel

boscobel
              • VIP Member
              • 24,213 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 01:03 PM

So I MIGHT be getting AF tomorrow. I know it's supposed to be more painful around your period, but I couldn't really control it this time. So I wondering if I would have to cancel the brazilian and just do the bikini is it does come before my appointment? What do you all think?

#229 KristinaM

KristinaM
                • VIP Member
                • 3,082 posts
                • Wedding Date:April 18, 2013
                • Wedding Location:Ocean Blue & Sand, Punta Cana
                • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 22 April 2010 - 01:06 PM

Car i guess it depends on what you're comfortable with. I always go to the same place so I know them well and I was just honest. I said listen I got my period but I'm leaving for vacation. She was super understanding and said she would just work around and get as close to a brazilian as she can... she just had me leave my underwear on and moved them as she went.

I'm sure it's nothing they've never delt with before but feel out your own level of comfort and be honest is my best advice!

#230 Cindy*

Cindy*
                • 2,655 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 01:08 PM

Yeah, if it comes before the appointment, I would cancel the brazilian and just get a bikini. Really, I would just do it out of respect for the waxer. I would not be comfortable if the roles were reversed and I was her. Alternatively, maybe you could explain when you get there and see what she says. If she says its no problem, then you are all set.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users