Bikini Wax?

• Please log in to reply
331 replies to this topic

#191 Cindy*

• 2,655 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 12:03 PM

Hi Carly,

That's great that you got the brazilian and are happy with the results. Congrats on going through with it. The first time is always the hardest. It will get easier. The more you go, your hair grows back less coarse and it is easier to wax so it hurts less. Also you get sort of acustomed to the pain I think as weird as that sounds. I hear you on being tender. I usually have to wax at least three days before I intend to wear a bathingsuit because I get very red and tender. However, after those initial days its gone and everything is great.

#192 wendyjd

• 968 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 12:42 AM

I agree with Carly, it gets better, well less bad, after several visits. I don't pre-treat with anything before I go any longer, used to take either tylenol or advil. I also recommend going a few days before planning to wear a bikini. I've found that aloe vera or hydrocortisone cream helps to ease the swelling/redness.

#193 astreit

• 182 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 12:57 AM

Carly, I am seriously sitting here laughing out loud at your post. You just put into words exactly how my first experience was. I know that i said more than a couple curse words though! I have not done it in 3 years and am contemplating doing it again before my wedding. I just am not looking forward to going through all that again!!!

#194 boscobel

• VIP Member
        • 24,213 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 10:32 AM

Glad to amuse you!

Well since this was bumped, I'll give a mini-update. I got my wax on 02/03, so Wed was 2 weeks and I am still mostly smooth. There's some slight, very soft stubble, and there are a few hairs that were missed in the original wax (probably cuz I was crying and the lady felt bad!). So I'm thinking this is DEF worth it!

I read somewhere (on here maybe?) that the blue wax is less painful, so I'm going to search for a salon close to me and test that out next. The last place I went was far away b/c I had a gift cert there...

#195 *Karla*

• 4,854 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 12:16 PM

Carly, def go for the blue wax. It's a wax that cools and gets hard, then they don't stick the little paper to you. They just pull off the wax itself. The wax doesn't stick as much to your skin, just the hair.

#196 boscobel

• VIP Member
            • 24,213 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 12:43 PM

Hmmm, so any ideas on how to find the salons that use this blue wax, or do you just call around until you find someone uses it?

#197 purpleshells

• 338 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 01:01 PM

i thought about actually waxing too,but am terrified!!!! to the point that im about to gag! whats the pain feel like?? ive pierced tongue,nose before id do that over in a heartbeat but waxing..i have trouble removing a band aid!! might just stick to the old method.lol

#198 boscobel

• VIP Member
                • 24,213 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 01:45 PM

I've had all kinds of piercings and tattoos as well and I wouldn't compare the pain to either of them. Honestly, it feels like exactly what it sounds like! You pubic hair is getting ripped out in chunks!!! It really is horrible, but like i mentioned a few posts ago, it's been over 2 weeks and I am really happy with the results and will most likely continue to get them done and keep my fingers crossed that it gets less painful!

#199 astreit

• 182 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 01:58 PM

Again, still laughing. I had the blue wax when I had it done. But when the lady told me to put my legs over my head, I about lost it! I do think I will probably try it again before my wedding. I am just afraid to do it the week of the wedding and get all red or something. I'd hate to be on the beach with red bumps everywhere!!

#200 NyBeachBride

• 295 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 03:48 PM

i started doign it last year and ie never shaved since...shavig used to itch me beyond words and now life is great with waxing ahah and i wax it all off....it hurt alot the 1st 2 times but after i dont know its doesnt feel as bad..my lady is the best, shes in manhattan and shes brazilian and make me feel comfy!! i went to an indian spot and it was horrible....ill never go to anywhere but my original spot again. yay for brazilian waxing hahah!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users