Photo

Bikini Wax?

• Please log in to reply
331 replies to this topic

#111 Virg

Virg
  • 684 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 08:44 PM

I am in between appointments with my estetician , as she is fully booked for the next 2 weeks. I decided I have enough time to shave. First of all, I wear glasses, so I couldn't see a thing in the shower, came out with spots of hair all over the place. Then my fiance proceeded to make fun of me, caling me spotty... lol

And now the regrowth!!! OMG! ITCHY!! I have no idea how you ladies do NOT get waxed!! I wanted to die the other day at work... scratching myself while at m desk, hopeing no one noticed....
    Happily Ever After: June 1, 2006
    Made it legal : June 30, 2009

http://i37.photobuck....h_IMG_8136.jpg

#112 Yari

Yari
    • VIP Member
    • 10,928 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 09:42 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Virginialedoux
      I am in between appointments with my estetician , as she is fully booked for the next 2 weeks. I decided I have enough time to shave. First of all, I wear glasses, so I couldn't see a thing in the shower, came out with spots of hair all over the place. Then my fiance proceeded to make fun of me, caling me spotty... lol

And now the regrowth!!! OMG! ITCHY!! I have no idea how you ladies do NOT get waxed!! I wanted to die the other day at work... scratching myself while at m desk, hopeing no one noticed....
      LOL, thanks for the laugh. But you are so right...shaving = itching

#113 dmarie17

dmarie17
      • 276 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 06:52 PM

Okay, i made an appointment for tomorrow. I am going to do a Brazilian wax and my armpits.
        I am scared.

#114 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 5,752 posts
        • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 14 March 2008 - 07:01 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by dmarie17
        Okay, i made an appointment for tomorrow. I am going to do a Brazilian wax and my armpits.
        I am scared.
        oooh where did you book? i didnt see you asked for a referral and i have someone who is really good and i wont go anywhere else. my girl is in lakeview. PM me if you want her info! and let me know where you made your appointment!

#115 Yari

Yari
        • VIP Member
        • 10,928 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 07:03 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by dmarie17
          I am scared.
          Don't be scared, it will be fine!!!

#116 KellyandMatt08

KellyandMatt08
          • 490 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 08:35 PM

I made my appointment for tomorrow too. I'm nervous!

#117 nikkianddean

nikkianddean
            • 1,881 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 08:38 PM

Good luck girls!!! The great thing is the uncomfortable sensation diminishes with each visit!
              http://i264.photobuc....h/IMG_1002.jpg

Mr. & Mrs. C
              February 14, 2009

#118 texasex

texasex
              • 79 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 08:48 PM

Y'all should really try the laser hair removal. I've loved it!

#119 sunnydaes

sunnydaes
                • 684 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 09:07 PM

Hi Lizz,
                  I just want to warn you that Bikini waxing can be very very bad for some people, such as myself. I have very sensitive skin... i even get bumps even when i wax my eyebrows. Most of the world waxes, so i'm sure you will be fine, but i found out that it does not work for me. Have you thought of Lazer hair removal? Its the best! It lasts for months and there is no hair follicle at all so no ...five o'clock shadow, so to speak This option is obviously more pricey but well worth it. If you look into it, make sure you do it at least a month before your wedding as it takes time for the hair to go away, but once it does your as smooth as a baby. oh, and it hurts like hell! you will need to put numbing cream on. The things we do for beauty.

#120 K&Rwedding

K&Rwedding
                  • Banned
                  • 494 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 10:03 PM

I only started getting them about 2 years ago and though it is uncomfortable I wouldn't say it is actually painful. Believe me it isn't a walk in the park the first time, but after your first go it gets so much better. Like riding a bike you don't feel it as much every time. Do let hair grow for 3-4 weeks before going in, or else you will feel more discomfort. You will love love it. No razor Yeah!!! Sorry so graphic, but I wish someone who have shared with me first.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users