Sign in to follow this  
Spazz

Bikini Wax?

I did my first three days before we left for the wedding.  I had no problems at all, probably could have waited til the day before since I had no redness or ingrown hairs. 

If you have never gotten a Brazilian then I wouldnt get my first one the day before my wedding. I get so sensitive that I dont want anything near that area for a couple of days!

I used to get brazilians in college and people say you get used to them so they dont hurt as badly... well I didnt and still dont!

I spoke with my waxer about 2months before our wedding and we devised a plan... We did a general bikini wax at about the 7 weeks out point, then did a brazilian less than a week before we leave, so about 12 days before the wedding. So far so good!

Wow, I'm glad I found this thread! I am planning on getting a brazillian for the wedding..but now I think I need to do a test run soon- before summer. I don't want to grow everything out during bikini season! :)   Thanks for all the tips ladies! If anyone knows a great place to go in the St. Louis area (preferably the IL side) please let me know!

I have recently been debating on whether or not I want to get one due to rashes, etc.. But since I'm a little less than a year away from our Big Day, I guess it's better to go ahead and try it out to see how the results come out.  Are any of you ladies from Birmingham, AL or Atlanta, GA area that can recommend a good place?

Hi there!

Any of the Brazilian Wax by Andreia locations in Atlanta are great! I go to the one in Midtown and see Ana - she's quick, thorough, and I get one every month so it really barely hurts anymore.  For the first time, I'd take a couple advil about an hour before.  Really it's the anticipation that is much scarier than the pain!

Yeah, also curious about the playboy idea (just spitballing) would that be the equivalent of the landing strip? Anyway, yes it will hurt, but that also depends on how sensitive you are. Some people I know really enjoy them (I know, freaks!) and some people will never ever have them done again. I think you really have to try one to determine which one you are.