Sign in to follow this  
Spazz

Bikini Wax?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauraw View Post
my FI has all but begged me to get a brazilian for the wedding, and i told him "i will if you will" hahahaha

he was like wait, they do your buttcrack too right? yeah, forget it, count me out!
Too funny! I actually got a brazillian the trip we got engaged on... NEVER AGAIN! Sam loved it, but it hurt way worse than a regular bikini wax, and I was really irritated. A regular bikini wax hurts, but not terribly. I agree with the idea of wearing sweatpants instead of jeans. Oh, and if you're going to do it for your BD, you should try to keep it up until the wedding - it hurts the worst the first time and then is a lot easier each month. The other thing I would recommend is to try to either trim the hair before you go so that its a little less than half an inch - alternatively, shave and wait until it grows to that length. If the hair is long it hurts worse and if its too short, it will be hard to wax.

Lizz,

i get a full brazilian every month and have been doing so for years - it is the best!

i have a great place i can recommend for you but it is in S. Jersey near Route 70 and 73 so 20 minutes from Center City - but the woman i go to is the best and i definitely think worth it! if you want her info, PM me.

i know of one other thread about this...

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...ghlight=bikini

Alyssa :)

It definitely is not the most pleasant experience, but I think it is worth the pain. Use Neosporin plus pain relief cream (not ointment). It has to be the cream neosporin. It really helps! I haven't taken pain medicie afterward, but a couple advils probably wouldn't hurt!

I'm an esthetician and actually give bikini waxes.. yes, I inflict massive amounts of pain (on the other hand, I also give facials which I relax people hehe) and the best thing is taking an advil or two. Let your hairs grow - don't worry about them being too long bc being too short is much worse. Wear and old pair of underwear that you don't care about just in case she gets wax on it. Yes it will hurt but it's not THAT bad. Brazilians are much worse hahahaha You might bleed a little during the waxing but its normal since the hair is being pulled from the root. Also, you will be red and a lil bumpy. Put neosporin afterwards when you get home, it'll help in bringing down the redness. The next day it'll feel like a baby's butt :) hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by xJuicyJx View Post
I'm an esthetician and actually give bikini waxes.. yes, I inflict massive amounts of pain (on the other hand, I also give facials which I relax people hehe) and the best thing is taking an advil or two. Let your hairs grow - don't worry about them being too long bc being too short is much worse. Wear and old pair of underwear that you don't care about just in case she gets wax on it. Yes it will hurt but it's not THAT bad. Brazilians are much worse hahahaha You might bleed a little during the waxing but its normal since the hair is being pulled from the root. Also, you will be red and a lil bumpy. Put neosporin afterwards when you get home, it'll help in bringing down the redness. The next day it'll feel like a baby's butt :) hehe
do you mean take advil before or after? my esthetician (thanks for correcting us with the proper word so i can stop calling her my wax girl haha) told me ibuprofen increases the chances of bleeding, and i noticed she was right the one time i thought well maybe shes wrong and took it anyway, i bled a bunch more than i usually do. what say you, miss waxing authority? 1-pray.gif hehe

lizz, this a great thread! I think about this stuff but am too afraid to ask because I felt like a moron! I guess what they say is true, the only stupid question is the question not asked! That being said, my question is this, so I leave for Jamaica on a thursday, if I get this done on MOnday, will it be rashy and irritated in Jamaica? And brazilians are not that much worse? that is what I am really thinking about but it makes me nervous just typing about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandalovesryan View Post
lizz, this a great thread! I think about this stuff but am too afraid to ask because I felt like a moron! I guess what they say is true, the only stupid question is the question not asked! That being said, my question is this, so I leave for Jamaica on a thursday, if I get this done on MOnday, will it be rashy and irritated in Jamaica? And brazilians are not that much worse? that is what I am really thinking about but it makes me nervous just typing about it!
I think if you get it done on Monday you will be fine. Go ahead and go for the Brazillian!!

amanda i would definitely not tell you that brazilians are not that much worse. prepare yourself, the first time hurts pretty bad. but like everyone said, the more you do it the less it hurts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leia78 View Post
I'm not going to lie Lizz, It hurts more than I can ever put into words. Well, for me at least. I always take 2 Advils an hour before to help reduce inflammation and reddness. I know this is bad, but a vicodin or 2 is helpful too...only if you have someone to drive you home.
haha...I actually have vicodin from when I had a root canal last month, I may have to use that!

Quote:
liz, i get bikini waxes pretty regularly, dont stress its not that bad. definitely wear underwear that have soft edges, and that you are not terribly worried about destroying in case you get any wax residue on them. although your technician should be good enough that they dont leave wax behind. i think a regular bikini wax costs $40 where i go, and a brazilian is $80. you actually should not take painkillers beforehand, my wax girl says it can make you bleed more because it thins your blood. afterwards, they generally put some talc powder over the area or some lotion. you will want to keep lotioning there for a few days to reduce friction with your underwear because the skin will be slightly irritated for a day or so. i am not going to tell you it wont hurt -- it definitely will. oh! also, it is totally normal if during it you start to sweat. dont ask me why it happens but my girl says its totally normal and most people do sweat during and just a bit afterwards. they will give you some little paper panties that really look more like a strip of fabric with an elastic band to hold it up.

the first time i went i was so nervous. but now that my girl has seen my cooter a buncha times, we can talk about the weather or whatever. i would definitely recommend going to someone that is recommended to you by a friend. a good wax person is crucial to your experience being somewhat enjoyable...well you know what i mean, as enjoyable as a bikini wax CAN be! haha
Thanks for all of the info, Maura!

Quote:
oh and wear soft sweatpants, DO NOT wear jeans or you will be so sorry afterwards!

BTW, i also get my underarms done and its really nowhere near as bad as the bikini line. if you are feeling brave, try it out. i can go like 3 weeks without having to shave my armpits :) haha
I would love to get my armpits done, I never thought of that. I hate shaving every day!