Bikini Wax?

Spazz

meagan--hhmmm, what is sugaring??

hockeymom--it's really not as bad as you'd think, the lady should always make you feel comfortable. my lady talks to me about all kinds of crazy things (she's brazilian) and it really distracts me. i get more weirded out going to the gyn, lol!

Ok for those girls totes looking for a great braz. wax in the Queens, NY area I just came back from the best place possible and had to rave about here for the girls in the Queens area.... Ive gotten many many braz. waxes in my day but these people were total perfectionist and it was a great price! Since I recently moved to Flushing, NY Ive been reading reviews in different forums of different places and found a place called Maldi Beauty Parlour that had braz. wax @ $35. For the price and positive reviews I decided to give them a try. The place it totally no frills AT ALL, so if your looking for a Spa Experience this is totally not the place for you.... but the Dasda(my waxer) was amazing! After doing the full braz she went on to thread the shorter hairs so that it was perfectly smooth and with virtually no pain...Just like Meagan I love sugaring but Im definitely coming back to this place for everything!

Okay I got my first wax (and a Brazilian at that!) right before I left for my wedding. I also did the armpits. I got it on a Saturday and left on Sunday for Mexico, the wedding was the following Saturday. It did the blue wax. It was horrible. It basically left bloody holes that stayed for several days down there. The armpits weren't too irritated. Then it started growing back within about 5 days. I had to shave under my arms by Thursday and down there by Wednesday. I had more than 10 days growth under the arms and WAAAAY more down there.

When it started growing back in I had terrible ingrown hairs. I am very prone to these anyway but having them in your bikini line and having them EVERYWHERE is very different. I did everything they told me, exfoliate, use a calming lotion...... I used pumice cleanser, glycolic acid, hydrocortisone cream, neosporin, bikini zone. Basically everything I could find. I was so embarassed by the mess below I didn't even want to consumate the marriage on the honeymoon! A good friend of mine said she always had problems with ingrown hairs when waxing so now she gets laser hair removal. Way more painful process but no irritation after.

Moral of the story, don't try it right before your wedding and if you are prone to irritation and ingrown hairs, waxing is not going to improve that. And if you are a hairy sascquach like me, don't expect it to last weeks or even one week.

Its really hard to explain but real sugaring uses a taffy like substance to pull the hairs out. It only attaches to the hairs and does not remove layers of skin like waxing. And the taffy like substance is resused multiple times... I know it sounds weird but it is very cool! my hair growth the second time around was sooo minimal it was almost ridiculous lol. I obviously dont mind. It was very awesome. And so much less painful!

Sugaring Hair Removal- How Sugaring Hair Removal Works, Pros, Cons & Prices

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sugaring_(epilation)

Eeeek, sorry you had such a bad experience!

But I had laser hair removal before my wedding and while my hair is def thinner and more sparse then it was before, it is also DEF not permanent. I had to remove the hair while doing laser hair removal, between treatments and now 2 years later I'm doing a monthly brazilian wax. So I really don't think it was worth it for the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Meagan* View Post
Its really hard to explain but real sugaring uses a taffy like substance to pull the hairs out. It only attaches to the hairs and does not remove layers of skin like waxing. And the taffy like substance is resused multiple times... I know it sounds weird but it is very cool! my hair growth the second time around was sooo minimal it was almost ridiculous lol. I obviously dont mind. It was very awesome. And so much less painful!

Sugaring Hair Removal- How Sugaring Hair Removal Works, Pros, Cons & Prices

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sugaring_(epilation)
thanks for the info, definately sounds better than waxing!! the lady i got to uses the hard wax, which i thought would be the same as sugaring, but it's not at all. do they use the paste or gel on you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carly View Post
Eeeek, sorry you had such a bad experience!

But I had laser hair removal before my wedding and while my hair is def thinner and more sparse then it was before, it is also DEF not permanent. I had to remove the hair while doing laser hair removal, between treatments and now 2 years later I'm doing a monthly brazilian wax. So I really don't think it was worth it for the price.
just curious...how many sessions did you have? i have several friends that got laser hair removal and it took multiple sessions over the course of several months because they have to treat the hair when it's at a certain stage in the growth cycle or it will definately grow back. they have had permanent results.

I had six sessions. They have NO regrowth? Like I said, my hair is much thinner and comes in more sparsely, but it definitely is not a permanent fix. And I'm a blonde with practically no body hair to begin with, so it's not like I'm a hairy beast. I don't know anyone who has had results permanently.

I know Ana on here, who lives in Mexico, has practically her whole body done, but she goes for treatments continually and lvoes the results. But she needs to keep getting the treatment done, b/c it's not permanent for her.

Good for them if it has permanent results! But I'd be interested to see what they say 2 years after their treatment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandalsu View Post
Okay I got my first wax (and a Brazilian at that!) right before I left for my wedding. I also did the armpits. I got it on a Saturday and left on Sunday for Mexico, the wedding was the following Saturday. It did the blue wax. It was horrible. It basically left bloody holes that stayed for several days down there. The armpits weren't too irritated. Then it started growing back within about 5 days. I had to shave under my arms by Thursday and down there by Wednesday. I had more than 10 days growth under the arms and WAAAAY more down there.

When it started growing back in I had terrible ingrown hairs. I am very prone to these anyway but having them in your bikini line and having them EVERYWHERE is very different. I did everything they told me, exfoliate, use a calming lotion...... I used pumice cleanser, glycolic acid, hydrocortisone cream, neosporin, bikini zone. Basically everything I could find. I was so embarassed by the mess below I didn't even want to consumate the marriage on the honeymoon! A good friend of mine said she always had problems with ingrown hairs when waxing so now she gets laser hair removal. Way more painful process but no irritation after.

Moral of the story, don't try it right before your wedding and if you are prone to irritation and ingrown hairs, waxing is not going to improve that. And if you are a hairy sascquach like me, don't expect it to last weeks or even one week.

LOL.. thats all...smile120.gif

And sidebar...I still plan on trying waxing once....Just to say Ive done it...
" hairy sadcquach"...ROTFL... U girls are silly on here...Love it!