62 replies to this topic

#61 jfwolfe72

jfwolfe72
  • 433 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 05:44 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by foxytv
    Oh gosh, Jennifer, I feel your pain.

That really sucks. Are you considering selling any of your bridal wear (dress, veil, etc) afterwards? Maybe you can recoup some of your costs that way.

I am over budget by about $5000 ... on the entire DW, but not on the dress/ensemble. It SUCKS!!!
    As much as I'd like to recoup some of the money back, I don't think I could part w/ the stuff that I'll wear on my wedding day. Overall, I think we're about $5k over our initial budget for the wedding, too, but I'm not going to let it bother me. This will be one time in our life that we can really splurge; hopefully after this, I'll go back to being a fiscally savvy person! You can always hope, right?

#62 foxytv

foxytv
    • VIP Member
    • 7,740 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 06:11 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by jfwolfe72
      As much as I'd like to recoup some of the money back, I don't think I could part w/ the stuff that I'll wear on my wedding day. Overall, I think we're about $5k over our initial budget for the wedding, too, but I'm not going to let it bother me. This will be one time in our life that we can really splurge; hopefully after this, I'll go back to being a fiscally savvy person! You can always hope, right?
      No I totally understand not being able to part with the wedding stuff!

I am still trying to pay off a ton of debt from well over a decade ago when I was a dumb little college kid who thought credit cards equaled free money. Luckily FH is very savvy with his finances. We are keeping separate accounts for now until I get things cleared up. I am great at bargain hunting and getting great deals -- but I also find way too many of them -- which is why we are over budget now! Ack!

#63 tlomlad

tlomlad
      • Banned
      • 1,949 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 06:16 PM

i heart the veil... its beautiful

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users