Photo

First Dress Fitting (w/pics)

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#51 jfwolfe72

jfwolfe72
  • 433 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 02:58 PM

Tami - your dress is so beautiful and I am completely envious of the price you paid for the alterations!!! I went for my first fitting on Friday and was totally shocked w/ a price tag of $441.00!!!! I expected it to be around $100, especially since all they need to do is alter the shoulder straps, do the hem, and bustle it!!

#52 angitalia23

angitalia23
    • 1,029 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 03:03 PM

Great detail...Yeah you'll be a beautiful bride!!!! I JUST LOVE BRIDES!
      Anthony & Angela
      19 June 2008

#53 foxytv

foxytv
      • VIP Member
      • 7,740 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 03:07 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by jfwolfe72
        Tami - your dress is so beautiful and I am completely envious of the price you paid for the alterations!!! I went for my first fitting on Friday and was totally shocked w/ a price tag of $441.00!!!! I expected it to be around $100, especially since all they need to do is alter the shoulder straps, do the hem, and bustle it!!
        Holy crap! $41 for just those things? I would have had a coronary! But honestly, I expected to pay closer to $100 for just the bustle. Maybe the hem is intricate? Do you have detailing that needs to be adjusted when they do the hem?

I'm getting mine done at David's ... but I got a quote from a more select bridal salon and they said $75 for the bustle ... so I guess the different alterations add up -- but I am still floored by that high cost for you...

#54 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
        • 2,183 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 03:14 PM

You look beautiful!

#55 jen419

jen419
          • 29 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 03:20 PM

Not to get off the thread topic but I found it hilarious jfkwolfe72 that your name is Jennifer and your fiancee is Kevin, and me and my finacee are Jennifer and Kelvin!! Only one letter off..how funny...sorry i'm probably the only one that finds that funny!!

#56 Saraha

Saraha
            • 2,597 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 03:55 PM

BEAUTIFUL!!! I love all the details on the dress and matching vail, you look gorgeous!

#57 nat4crim

nat4crim
              • 163 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 04:32 PM

Tami, you're dress is beautiful. I love the details on the bust and the veil. You look great in it and your upper body looks good. You're too hard on yourself. No one will notice.

#58 jfwolfe72

jfwolfe72
                • 433 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 05:24 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by jen419
                  Not to get off the thread topic but I found it hilarious jfkwolfe72 that your name is Jennifer and your fiancee is Kevin, and me and my finacee are Jennifer and Kelvin!! Only one letter off..how funny...sorry i'm probably the only one that finds that funny!!
                  I think that's very funny! And cute!!

#59 jfwolfe72

jfwolfe72
                  • 433 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 05:28 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by foxytv
                    Holy crap! $41 for just those things? I would have had a coronary! But honestly, I expected to pay closer to $100 for just the bustle. Maybe the hem is intricate? Do you have detailing that needs to be adjusted when they do the hem?

I'm getting mine done at David's ... but I got a quote from a more select bridal salon and they said $75 for the bustle ... so I guess the different alterations add up -- but I am still floored by that high cost for you...
                    I don't think the work is too intricate. Heck, the dress is very simple - there's no lace or beading, either! I think I just didn't do my research beforehand....I just wish that the shop was more honest about the alterations up front. When I told them my dress budget, they should have shown me dresses actually in that budget w/ everything included! With these alteration prices (and the extras, the veil, the headpiece, and the bra), I was $1000 over my budget!!! And my dress budget was supposed to be less than $700!!

#60 foxytv

foxytv
                    • VIP Member
                    • 7,740 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 05:37 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by jfwolfe72
                      I don't think the work is too intricate. Heck, the dress is very simple - there's no lace or beading, either! I think I just didn't do my research beforehand....I just wish that the shop was more honest about the alterations up front. When I told them my dress budget, they should have shown me dresses actually in that budget w/ everything included! With these alteration prices (and the extras, the veil, the headpiece, and the bra), I was $1000 over my budget!!! And my dress budget was supposed to be less than $700!!
                      Oh gosh, Jennifer, I feel your pain.

That really sucks. Are you considering selling any of your bridal wear (dress, veil, etc) afterwards? Maybe you can recoup some of your costs that way.

I am over budget by about $5000 ... on the entire DW, but not on the dress/ensemble. It SUCKS!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users