Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
foxytv

First Dress Fitting (w/pics)

Recommended Posts

Tami - your dress is so beautiful and I am completely envious of the price you paid for the alterations!!! I went for my first fitting on Friday and was totally shocked w/ a price tag of $441.00!!!! I expected it to be around $100, especially since all they need to do is alter the shoulder straps, do the hem, and bustle it!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfwolfe72 View Post
Tami - your dress is so beautiful and I am completely envious of the price you paid for the alterations!!! I went for my first fitting on Friday and was totally shocked w/ a price tag of $441.00!!!! I expected it to be around $100, especially since all they need to do is alter the shoulder straps, do the hem, and bustle it!!
Holy crap! $41 for just those things? I would have had a coronary! But honestly, I expected to pay closer to $100 for just the bustle. Maybe the hem is intricate? Do you have detailing that needs to be adjusted when they do the hem?

I'm getting mine done at David's ... but I got a quote from a more select bridal salon and they said $75 for the bustle ... so I guess the different alterations add up -- but I am still floored by that high cost for you...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not to get off the thread topic but I found it hilarious jfkwolfe72 that your name is Jennifer and your fiancee is Kevin, and me and my finacee are Jennifer and Kelvin!! Only one letter off..how funny...sorry i'm probably the only one that finds that funny!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tami, you're dress is beautiful. I love the details on the bust and the veil. You look great in it and your upper body looks good. You're too hard on yourself. No one will notice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen419 View Post
Not to get off the thread topic but I found it hilarious jfkwolfe72 that your name is Jennifer and your fiancee is Kevin, and me and my finacee are Jennifer and Kelvin!! Only one letter off..how funny...sorry i'm probably the only one that finds that funny!!
I think that's very funny! And cute!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxytv View Post
Holy crap! $41 for just those things? I would have had a coronary! But honestly, I expected to pay closer to $100 for just the bustle. Maybe the hem is intricate? Do you have detailing that needs to be adjusted when they do the hem?

I'm getting mine done at David's ... but I got a quote from a more select bridal salon and they said $75 for the bustle ... so I guess the different alterations add up -- but I am still floored by that high cost for you...
I don't think the work is too intricate. Heck, the dress is very simple - there's no lace or beading, either! I think I just didn't do my research beforehand....I just wish that the shop was more honest about the alterations up front. When I told them my dress budget, they should have shown me dresses actually in that budget w/ everything included! With these alteration prices (and the extras, the veil, the headpiece, and the bra), I was $1000 over my budget!!! And my dress budget was supposed to be less than $700!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfwolfe72 View Post
I don't think the work is too intricate. Heck, the dress is very simple - there's no lace or beading, either! I think I just didn't do my research beforehand....I just wish that the shop was more honest about the alterations up front. When I told them my dress budget, they should have shown me dresses actually in that budget w/ everything included! With these alteration prices (and the extras, the veil, the headpiece, and the bra), I was $1000 over my budget!!! And my dress budget was supposed to be less than $700!!
Oh gosh, Jennifer, I feel your pain.

That really sucks. Are you considering selling any of your bridal wear (dress, veil, etc) afterwards? Maybe you can recoup some of your costs that way.

I am over budget by about $5000 ... on the entire DW, but not on the dress/ensemble. It SUCKS!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×