My Ocho Rui Wedding Jan 31 08

Hi ladies! I'm back! And thought I would fill you all in quickly about our trip.

The RUI was amazing. The service was great, and the Jamaican people are wonderful. We were upgrated from our junior suite to a deluxe ( and I mean DELUXE) suite with a jacuzzi on balcony - which was the size on our 20x20 deck at home! Absolutely beautiful room. We were able to keep it for the whole two weeks, but weren't upgraded until tuesday (arrived sunday). We went with the free package. Ended up paying a total of $4000.

$250 - basic price

$350 - steel band at ceremony - a wonderful choice

$350 - dj - reception at seagrape - he was awesome, i did bring 3 cds of our own music - and he did a great job!

$450 - open bar at reception.

Ladies - the Seagrape is the way to go!!! Your in Jamaica - why wouldn't you want your reception on the beach? There was a bonfire down by the water which we had our first dance song to, and it reminded us of home. SO NICE!

$450 - appitizers ater ceremony

$1000 - photos - this was for a total of 3 hours and 156 pictures on cd. Michael was excellent! I love my photo's!

$532 for flowers - bouquets etc.

$800 - upgraded decoration at beach gazebo. They transfered the flowers to our dinner tables and then to tables at reception, then to our room afterwards. perfect!

$50 - upgraded cake - i believe this charge was for the flowers on it.

My opinion on the DISCO - a great place to dance and drink with you friends.

Maybe not so much on your wedding day reception(this is just my opinion, and don't want to hurt anyones feelings). It has no windows. It is a square, with speckelld carpet on the walls and lots of mirrors. There isn't much room for chairs or tables at all. There are bar stools around the bar, but that is it. If you are not getting a drink or dancing, there isn't much room to do anything else.

Beach party Receptionhuh.gif - I wouldn't. I never did stay at the beach to watch the whole entertainment, on the beach party night, but it was very crowed, and not personal if you wanted something special. Maybe if your group was small.....again, just my personal opinion, and trying to help future brides.

If anyone has any questions - bring m' on! or wants to see pictures of something specific let me know, and i can email you pictures.

Now can someone help me get a TTC ticker going? lol.

Tara

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats and Welcome Backthewave.gif

That is so great you got upgraded to a deluxe suite with the free package. I really hope that happens to me.

I'm still debating whether to pay for appetizers afterwards. My ceremony is at 4:00 and dinner starts at 6:30, so I'm not sure. What time was your ceremony and reception? What type of appetizers did you get?

Post TONS of pics, I can't wait to see them!

Our ceremony was at 2pm. With a 4 pm wedding - I don't think I would worry about appitizers - and dont ask me what they were, because by the time we were done with pictures they were all gone, lol. I remember picking the $10 pp option, and it inlcuding wings and familiar foods. Dinner was at 6:30 Mamee Bay, Seagrape was from 8-11. We didn't get down there until closer to 9, so the dj & bartender stayed until midnight. We had the best music in the place, and even a few wedding crashers that signed my guestbook - it was hilarious!

How do I post pictures? and I will!

Welcome Back & Congratulations!!

Thanks for the review. And an extra thanks for the breakdown of what you spent. Thats really helpful.

Ok, let me edit this. I had to re-read your post. You had your dinner reception at Mammee & dancing at Seagrape. DUH!! I guess I was soo excited at your review that I mis-read that. Ok, guess I'll re-do my questions!

The reception at Seagrape sounds good. I thought about having my welcome party there but didn't think about the reception there.

How did you arrange your reception at Seagrape?

Was that something you arranged with Chandlyn before or did you decide that when you arrived?

Was that an extra charge?

Did you have any tables set up on there?

About how many people traveled with you?

Sorry for the 10,000 questions, but you've got me thinking now! LOL.

Glad that you had a great time. Now, bring on the pics!!!