Photo

My 100% DIY Invitation

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#71 meltanirie

meltanirie
  • 283 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 01:19 PM

I love em..those are my exact colors. How did you get the green and brown ribbons to be so in-sync..glue. They seem as if they are one ribbon! Great job!

#72 svisconte

svisconte
    • 136 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 01:30 PM

Your invitations look great. I love the colors.
      :

#73 KarmaB

KarmaB
      • 796 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 03:03 PM

I don't know how I missed this thread earlier.

They look great Leticia! They look so professional. Your guests will love them!

#74 monicaswave

monicaswave
        • 450 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 04:07 PM

Wow! They look amazing. I have to say I'm a little jealous in a good way. I'm going to have to get some tips from you becuase now that we are waaaay over budget I'm going to have to be a DIY queen.

#75 ticia277

ticia277
          • 212 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 11:41 AM

Well ladies. I finished all of the invitations last night and they are ready to go. I'm gong to the post office this morning to inquire about hand cancelling them. I would hate for them to be ruined by going through the machines. I'll ba back with an update a little later.
            Loving Married Life!

#76 beachbride08

beachbride08
            • VIP Member
            • 2,372 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 11:49 AM

They turned out great. I love the color combo.
              Michelle

#77 ticia277

ticia277
              • 212 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 12:46 PM

I walked up to the post office. The lady said they only do one hand cancel per customer, per day... shucks. I think she was lying because I heard differently a few months ago. Anyway, she did say that it will cost $.75 to mail each invitation and they will not go through the machine at all. They will put them separetely with the Parcel mail. So that's good news. I'm a little shocked at the stamp price, but I expected it to be slightly higher since the envelopes contain the invite, and two inserts. She tried to get me to buy the stamps, but they were ugly, so I'm going to the web to see if I can find pretty stamps.
                Loving Married Life!

#78 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
                • 1,830 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 12:52 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by ticia277
                  I walked up to the post office. The lady said they only do one hand cancel per customer, per day... shucks. I think she was lying because I heard differently a few months ago. Anyway, she did say that it will cost $.75 to mail each invitation and they will not go through the machine at all. They will put them separetely with the Parcel mail. So that's good news. I'm a little shocked at the stamp price, but I expected it to be slightly higher since the envelopes contain the invite, and two inserts. She tried to get me to buy the stamps, but they were ugly, so I'm going to the web to see if I can find pretty stamps.
                  Not to sound dumb or anything, but what is "hand cancelling"? I think I'm going to order me some nice stamps for the invites as well bc my post office did not have any pretty stamps at all!

#79 ticia277

ticia277
                  • 212 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 01:20 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by LadyCheese
                    Not to sound dumb or anything, but what is "hand cancelling"? I think I'm going to order me some nice stamps for the invites as well bc my post office did not have any pretty stamps at all!
                    It's when they hand stamp the envelope to cancel the reuse of the postage stamp. It's supposed to avoid having them ran through the machine which can cause damage if you have a detail oriented invitation (ribbons, starfish, crystals etc.).
                    Loving Married Life!

#80 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
                    • 1,830 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 02:16 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by ticia277
                      It's when they hand stamp the envelope to cancel the reuse of the postage stamp. It's supposed to avoid having them ran through the machine which can cause damage if you have a detail oriented invitation (ribbons, starfish, crystals etc.).
                      GOTCHA...THX

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users