Photo

Trash the dress?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#11 wendvipo

wendvipo
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 11:27 AM

did you go in the water? I am getting married in March at Dreams Tulum and want to do a TTD session, i was wondering about how "trashed" the dress actually gets? is it salvageable after its been in the water? Can the salt water be drycleaned out?

#12 jystar13

jystar13
    • 185 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 12:46 PM

these photos are beautiful! i think trash the dress photos are great, after all, you will never wear your dress again so why not do something fun and creative like ttd pictures.  they come out so nice and are great photos to have after the wedding.

now sapphire riviera cancun - february 19, 2011 - 63 booked :)

#13 BridetwoBe

BridetwoBe
      • 359 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 11:47 AM

Beautiful!

#14 GMac11

GMac11
        • 24 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 03:57 PM

How exciting!! These pictures are GORGEOUS and I can't wait to take ours!

Here's my questions ladies - Should I get my hair and makeup done for the TTD shoot?!

My soon to be hubby and I are having a small wedding here in CA - we really wanted to have our wedding in Cancun but it just wasn't possible. Anyway we'll be honeymooning in Cancun (September) and plan on taking our TTD pictures then - should I plan on getting my hair and makeup done by a professional? If so... suggestions would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!!  

#15 mandys

mandys
          • 181 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 03:28 PM

At first I wasnt sure about Trash the Dress, but the more I look at the pics the more I want to do it!! It looks so fun, and the photos are just stunning.

Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana
            April 2012

#16 MrsWeiss1211

MrsWeiss1211
            • 127 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 08:10 AM

Here's a technical question:

I want to do the ttd shoot on sunday evening (we're getting married Saturday evening), but we're flying monday afternoon.  How does one transport a soaking wet wedding dress back to the states??

Another idea i've been toying with is actually selling my dress in the Bahamas.  Like I use it, trash it, send it to the dry cleaners and the store/individual who buys it picks it up?  Anyone do this before??

D

Forever could never be long enough for me to feel like i've had long enough with you

#17 johnnmakenzie11

johnnmakenzie11
              • 157 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 08:39 AM

Really Pretty! I can't wait!!

#18 mandys

mandys
                • 181 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 09:54 AM

Dont sell your dress!! You have to keep it. Just make sure you bring a sealable bag that you can put it in so it doesnt leak all over the place.

April 2012

#19 MrsWeiss1211

MrsWeiss1211
                  • 127 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 06:55 PM

but what are you supposed to do with it after your wedding??  I get it has sentimental value, but I'll never wear it again (at least not out of the house).  And let's be honest, how many daughters want to wear their mother's dress???

Forever could never be long enough for me to feel like i've had long enough with you

#20 mandys

mandys
                    • 181 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 08:15 AM

Those are awesome!

April 2012

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users