SITE VISIT REVIEW, dreams cancun [pics]

Ana, Ana, Ana... someone went to sleep early and I didn't get to meet them!

I think you and Dave had a few drinks with my brother-in-law! Hehe!

Dave did hang out with us the rest of the night though, that was cool.

You took some great pictures! I think the terrace is a lot bigger that it looked in previous pictures I had seen, but you got it!

My original thought was to have dinner on the terrace, but decided to have cocktail and dancing out there instead. It was so windy this time of year!

We had dinner in the tower lobby and didn't really notice people going up to their rooms.

I will be writing my review soon and I totally agree with you about Claudia, such a sweetheart.

Oh, and before I forget... I told her to give you guys our extra sparklers.

We had a friend of a friend buy them over the holidays and he held them until closer to the wedding and then he brought them by Dreams.

People loved them!

Ciao!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlomlad View Post
kristi... i my personal opinion, YES. the other possible reception sites are the garden, beach, indoor terrance, and outdoor terrance. THe garden is the area between the gazebo and the private tower pool. The only beach reception is held on the private tower beach [they used to have receptions on the main beach but ever since Hitmisu, the japanesse resturatant, went up they stop holding them there]. Apparently, they also used to have receptions in the SPA but that became an issue with guests entering the 'private rooms for massages', lol. Also, setup was difficult and was ruining the spa experience for non-wedding memebers since setup usually started around 6/7 and the spa didnt close till 8. That could however, be something that you and Claudia discuss and see what you can do.

reasons why we picked the terrance-
1. the natural elements during dinner
2. there is an actually bar in the lobby
--> not sure if a bar would be set-up on location or if wait staff would get
drinks we wanted our guests to have the option to get it themselves
3. we are doing one long table... 35/40 guests.... saw pictures of these in
terrace and really liked it/
4. heels & such in grass or sand...

** one thing that might be negative about the terrance... it is afterall a lobby for the hotel. so there is foot traffic during your wedding. That is how i was able to capture some pics of the other wedding, i personally wouldnt mind it much, as long as people were respectful but thats something that should be taken into consideration

hope this helps!
This helps alot thanks! I think we'll go with the terrace..I like how the bar is right there. 1 more question..are you having your dinner outside on the terrace or the inside? Thanks!

Thank you so much for these pics!! So helpful. I never saw the pic of the gazebo with the pool in it. It looks so close (could be because the pic is taken from so high up). Was this an issue for anyone? Were people swimming or tanning during anyones wedding? Or is it far enough away where it doesn't really matter?

Also, it looks like the Terrace is right there too? Can people swim while a reception is going on? Maybe I'm just looking at the pics wrong...

Alyssa: I love your dog!! So cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilly76 View Post
I'm so glad you had a good time!

Isn't everyone there wonderful! It's brings back so many memories seeing your pictures!

What was the red carpet near the gazebo? Is that something permanently there now, or was that for a wedding?
the red carpet is now an option with the package [not sure if all packages, but it is for the ultimate] still not sure if i wannt use it, our wedding colors are black&white, what do you guys think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarie17 View Post
Thank you so much for these pics!! So helpful. I never saw the pic of the gazebo with the pool in it. It looks so close (could be because the pic is taken from so high up). Was this an issue for anyone? Were people swimming or tanning during anyones wedding? Or is it far enough away where it doesn't really matter?
Also, it looks like the Terrace is right there too? Can people swim while a reception is going on? Maybe I'm just looking at the pics wrong...

Alyssa: I love your dog!! So cute!
dmarie- we are having our wedding @ 6:00 p.m. in July [just around sunset] to be completly honest i would go up to my room around 4 o'clock everyday cause i was so tired from swimming, eating, drinking etc. and wouldnt wake up till like 7 soo i dont know what time everyone stops swimming. however, there is a sign that says the pool is closed at 6:00... so im hoping that we i get married people abid by these rules.

my FI and i meet paulav's now brother-in-law and were chating with him on night. We were asking him what the pro's and con's were to the wedding and he loved everything. He said it was a little windy, but he liked it cuase he could feel the water when the waves crashed into the cliff. We too were worried about people standing around so we asked him, i believe that during their wedding it was still sunny out and there were a couple of odd spectators in the background but paula somehow got like security or something to make sure that no one "crashed" the wedding reception. He loved everything, he said that it was the best wedding he had ever been to.

I spoke to Claudia about my concerns and she said that they have not had any types of problems with hotel guest intruding on weddings, i mean people stop to watch but just because its a WEDDING lol... no one is inappropriate!

and the terrance, pool, and gazebo are pretty close to each other, like the pictures suggest...

hope this helps! ana <3