• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#11 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 9,504 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 10:42 AM

Welcome! I'm sure you'll find lots of great info on here!

#12 JenniferSS

JenniferSS

Banned

• Banned
    • 1,047 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 11:07 AM

Welcome to the forum!

There are so many amazing choices for a DW!

Are you looking for an adult only or family resort? About how many guests?

With the answers we can start throwing some ideas out for you!

TA Jennifer

#13 WSUgal

WSUgal
      • 96 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 11:15 AM

Hi!
        Your story sounds a little like mine! I was finally proposed to after dating for 5 years. It ended up being well worth the wait ( after the fact! ) I got engaged near the end of December and I have everyone asking me when the date is! Geez-the pressure! I am also a school teacher along with the rest of my family, so the summer months will have to do with the scheduling factor! Have you found any interesting resorts, yet? Keep us updated!

#14 Olive

Olive
        • 68 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 11:19 AM

I think the location is the most difficult part. Read as many reviews as you can.

#15 fulleredge

fulleredge
          • 143 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 12:32 PM

Welcome to the Forum!!! Happy Planning!
            Erin Fuller
            Fuller Edge Photography
            BLOG: Website
            EMAIL: erin@fulleredge.com
            International wedding coverage! We bring fashion-magazine style edginess to wedding photography!

#16 cmchris2

cmchris2
            • 2 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 01:01 PM

Wow! You guys weren't kidding about the friendly part. Haha. We're hoping to have about 25 people at our wedding/vacation extravaganza. More likely, we're looking at a max of 30. One of our biggest concerns is keeping it cost friendly for our guests, but still fun and clean and low-stress. I'm not much of a gazebo girl, I'd much rather have my ceremony on the beach.

We do have a couple children attending - one of my cousins will be 13 and my little sister and two other cousins will be 15. Our first niece/nephew (!!) will be there as well, and about 1 year old at the time of the wedding. So at least there won't be any little kids to entertain, since all persons under 18 will either be too young or too old to need special "child" activities.

All things told, we're starting out by looking at all-inclusives. The best option I've found so far is the Riu resorts - either in Mexico or DR. They're relatively inexpensive, but still have tons of things for a wide range of different personality types. I know some of you are Riu brides, and I'd love to pick your brains! We're still looking for other options though, so my mind is wide open.

#17 Leia78

Leia78
              • VIP Member
              • 2,459 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 01:02 PM

to the forum! You'll absolutely love it here...beware, it's addicting!

#18 Jenn3878

Jenn3878
                • 5,681 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 05:02 PM

to the forum!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users