OOT Bags, anyone ever used these

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaV View Post
I feel kinda bad since it sounds like there was quite a big order going...
I guess it depends how much you have going into them.
They could be good for BM bags.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yari View Post
Oh my gawsh you guys don't feel bad. That is the beauty of this forum. At least we are making educated purchases and not acting on impluse. That could lead into trouble with the FI's and DH's. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMP333 View Post
Very true! I was buying them with no idea of how many people are even coming...i was just trying to make a guess! Ive been told by many that I have a shopping disorder smile43.gif I do not know how to pass up a good offer and I thought this was one! Definitely dont feel bad Paula, you saved us the disappointment of getting them and not being happy with them. thank you, thank you
Paula, I agree with the ladies, PLEASE don't feel bad. Had you not posted that pic, we'd all have felt bad when we got them & realized they were too small. You actually did us a favor!!!hug2.gif

I too think I need to go back to the canvas bag idea.
Okay ladies. I have the same suggestion. Shall we try a canvas bag bulk order? This is the canvas bag that I was looking at, it's the 14 inch bag:
Cool Totes

I like these because I saw the ones that Jenn (Hopels) made. I liked the fact that they have 2 pockets on the outside & they seem quite sturdy.
Here's her post with a picture of the finished product:
http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t13671

If we were to order 139 bags, they would be:
139 x $2.79= $387.81, plus shipping Standard UPS Ground 1-7 Days $38.09 total cost: 425.90 which equals $3.06 per bag.

Anyone interested in this option? Can you tell that I'm all about getting discounts now? I don't know whats happened to me, besides the fact that FI is getting tired of me asking for $ to order something every week. I tell ya, its hard being a budget-conscious bride. If only I had an unlimited budget! Here's to dreaming!cheers.gif

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nylalany View Post
They are actually pretty small though - I'm pretty sure you won't e able to fit a towel in them for the beach or anything - maybe just a book and sunglasses? I wish they had a medium size...
Are you talking about Jenn's bags? I looked at her post & they look like they are a good size. She even had towel's made to go into the bags. They also have the larger size, which I think is 18 inches, but I think I'm going to go with the 14 inches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMP333 View Post
bummer once again! Its looking like I should wait since I have plenty of time. I dont want you to wait around for me since you only have a month.
I'm going to wait until Thursday to place an order in case anyone else is interested. Feel free to think about it & let me know!

Do you know if Jenn got the 14"w x 9"h (small) or the 18"w x 16"h (large) one? I measured what 9" tall is and it is shorter than a box of a 12 pack of Corona beer (which is 10"). I have a feeling she got the large size.

I would love to get the large size - but I'm trying to decide if I want to splurge or not considering I'm estimating needing around 75 tote bags (and yes, this is counting 1 bag per couple - I just happen to have a lot of guests (estimating btwn 100 and 120) and a lot of them are coming w/o sig others, even if they have sig others!

I guess a nicer bag + screenprinting logo is worth it if I put less inside. So far I am planning on pashminas for the ladies (unless I have them at the wedding reception instead), and my maybes are:

shot glass w/logo

flipflop or fish playing cards

welcome letter

spanish/english phrases (make my own)

bookmarks w/logo (vista print or make my own?)

travel candle with logo?

debating medicine (advil, immodium, pepcid)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nylalany View Post
Do you know if Jenn got the 14"w x 9"h (small) or the 18"w x 16"h (large) one? I measured what 9" tall is and it is shorter than a box of a 12 pack of Corona beer (which is 10"). I have a feeling she got the large size.

I would love to get the large size - but I'm trying to decide if I want to splurge or not considering I'm estimating needing around 75 tote bags (and yes, this is counting 1 bag per couple - I just happen to have a lot of guests (estimating btwn 100 and 120) and a lot of them are coming w/o sig others, even if they have sig others!

I guess a nicer bag + screenprinting logo is worth it if I put less inside. So far I am planning on pashminas for the ladies (unless I have them at the wedding reception instead), and my maybes are:
shot glass w/logo
flipflop or fish playing cards
welcome letter
spanish/english phrases (make my own)
bookmarks w/logo (vista print or make my own?)
travel candle with logo?
debating medicine (advil, immodium, pepcid)
I sent Jenn a PM asking to confirm which size bag she ordered. I don't know why I thought that she got the 14" ones, but what you just said about the corona box has me thinking cuz that's kinda short!

And 75 bags...WOW....100 to 120 guests....another WOW!! LOL
I just need about 20-25.

So far I have pashmina's for women, t-shirts for men, travel mug, first aid kit with advil/immodium, chapstick, gum/mints/candy, flip flops, playing cards, welcome letter, mini body butter & maybe body soap. I'm praying that I won't think of anything else to put in there. I think that this should all fit nicely into 1 bag. And actually now that I think of it, I don't think anyone is going to carry all of that with them when they use the bag. They'll probably just have the bag filled with a beach towel & maybe the mug when they're going to the beach. So as long as a beach towel & mug can fit in them, that should work!