26 replies to this topic

#21 Yari

Yari
  • VIP Member
  • 10,928 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 04:07 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by StephanieMN
    I guess maybe they looks at it as not respecting your marriage--I bet she got pissed at the thought of the girl whipping her bouquet to sex deprived single women too! Every generation seems to relax some more.
    My mom and I got into an argument about this last week. She said it is direspectful. I was so pissed. I don't know how to convince her, but frankly if she doesn't like it oh well. I am going to do it.

#22 Debs

Debs
    • VIP Member
    • 7,104 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 06:12 PM

"If she remarries, she won't wear the starter gown anyway"

I LMAO at this! Starter dress!! HAHAHAHA!!

Funny story, after I left my 1st husband, I took only what I needed, as I moved into a little 1 bedroom apt. I was walking down the street about 6 months later (in our LITTLE town) and saw my dress for sale at the consignment shop!! HAHA! I had half a mind to buy it and burn it, but the thought of putting any money in that demented monkeys-ass changed my mind!

#23 Elizabeth Medina

Elizabeth Medina
      • Vendor
      • 278 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 12:23 PM

I guess you either like it or you don't! And as a photographer, I do! I started another thread with some images. Trash the dress?

best,

Elizabeth

#24 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 6,996 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 12:29 PM

Those are great ELizabeth- although I think the last two of Annie are my faves :)

#25 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
          • Moderators
          • 25,218 posts
          • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
          • LocationSeattle

Posted 12 February 2008 - 12:36 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by MsShelley
          yeah, I read this too, I think that they are referring to this, which is a bit much

ABC News: Trash the Dress: Brides Get Down and Dirty
          OMG Shelley, some of those are downright creepy! What's with the trunk one? Is that a baseball bat? Shivers!

#26 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 6,996 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 12:44 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by DougsGirl
            OMG Shelley, some of those are downright creepy! What's with the trunk one? Is that a baseball bat? Shivers!
            That's John Michael Cooper's work...I think it's so cool! Creepy, yeah... a little. But, definitely unique! I'd totally do that :)

#27 dayisun

dayisun
            • 59 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 03:36 PM

Don't be offended girls. As a mother of the bride I can understand the writer of this article, specially the last item regarding trashing the Mother of the Bride dress . . . having seen what is available for those of us that that are not a perfect size 8, I can see doing some trashing myself.
              Proud Mother of the Bride

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users