help my friend...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 boscobel

boscobel
  • VIP Member
  • 24,213 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 09:18 PM

My friend is getting married in a church and is looking for ways to make it her own. Can you offer suggestions other then parasols and bouquets for her girls to carry? She is going for the country theme, and her reception is in a barn. Coo, thanks! Drinking lots, holllllllla!

#2 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 5,752 posts
    • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 10 February 2008 - 09:23 PM

carly it depends on what kind of church she's getting married in... some have more restrictions than others. for example, here in chicago there are several catholic churches where you are not allowed to have aisle runners and your flower girl must carry a pomander because you cant drop petals on the sanctuary floor...

#3 Christine

Christine
    • VIP Member
    • 21,514 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
    • Wedding Location:Napa, California
    • LocationReno, NV

Posted 10 February 2008 - 09:33 PM

I doubt the church would allow parasols. I got married in a church and had three altar arrangements at the front of the church (on the altar) and then made program fans for all my guests. We didn't decorate any other way because the church was really pretty by itself so we didn't entirely need extra decor, but honestly the church didn't allow it.
    Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#4 boscobel

boscobel
    • VIP Member
    • 24,213 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 10:42 AM

Thanks ladies. I think she was thinking more along the lines of for pictures, although if there was something that could stand in, instead of bouquets, I think she would like that too.

#5 Christine

Christine
      • VIP Member
      • 21,514 posts
      • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
      • Wedding Location:Napa, California
      • LocationReno, NV

Posted 11 February 2008 - 11:03 AM

we did our formal photos outside in the church's courtyard area, it was pretty. As for the inside unfortunately since most church's have pretty strict rules about decor you can't do a whole lot. I would have her talk to the church first and see what they would allow and then go from there.
      Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users