Janet that sounds yummy too.... now all I have to do is decide

#23 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 11 February 2008 - 04:39 PM

we ordered our meal from lobstergram.com a filet mignon and lobster tail for each of us, clam chowder, crab cake, cheesecake for dessert. i'll let you know the quality.

i didn't feel like making a big meal because going to the grocery store is a little harder with the little guy

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#24 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 11 February 2008 - 04:53 PM

also when i am cooking for steve this is our go to meal for celebrations because it is easy and not much prep work:

salad

seared sea scallops with a mango salsa

filet mignon done simply...kosher salt/pepper to get the true taste...seared to get nice carmelization...i'll add a dab of butter because filets do not usually have as much flavor/fat as rib eye..

veggies: whatever is in season, roasted asparagus, artichoke (i like to boil the til just al dente then cut in half and add olive oil and lemon juice and finish under broiler to get nice carmelization), spinach, zuchini

starch: usually a potato. love baked potatoes but i like mine with the works (bacon, cheese, sour cream, chives) so sometimes i am too lazy to get that all together...so usually mashed potatoes or scalloped potatoes

dessert: cheesecake (m,y fav) or ice cream with bananas foster (steve's fav)

or if not in the mood for red meat i always do a fish...roasted salmon with a mango salsa or poached salmon with a dill sauce...or miso glazed black cod. very delicious and easy but need at least 24 hours to marinate.

if i do a fish, then i like to throw it together with a cucumber slad with rice vinegar and a cous cous.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#25 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 10,366 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 05:05 PM

great suggestions, thanks Tammy, I can't wait to hear how your meal is

#26 donandcorri

donandcorri
        • 57 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 05:07 PM

I second the Vodka a la Penne - I make my sauce a little differently though....

INGREDIENTS
          1/2 cup butter
          1 onion, diced
          1 cup vodka
          2 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
          1 pint heavy cream
          (this is the base recipe and then I play with the spices, fresh basil, oregano & garlic are key)

DIRECTIONS
          In a skillet over medium heat, saute onion in butter until slightly brown and soft. Pour in vodka and let cook for 10 minutes. Mix in crushed tomatoes and cook for 30 minutes. Pour in heavy cream and cook for another 30 minutes.

#27 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 10,366 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 05:12 PM

ooh, yummy, thanks. keep them coming girls

#28 Gretchen

Gretchen
            • Banned
            • 416 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 05:16 PM

There are lots of yummy ideas here.... I am getting hungry just reading them
              Gretchen "GiGi"

#29 dragonfly

dragonfly
              • 1,820 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 07:15 PM

mmmmmm, the taco's I was planning on making tonight are just not going to cut it after browsing this thread:)

#30 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 10,366 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 07:16 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by dragonfly
                  mmmmmm, the taco's I was planning on making tonight are just not going to cut it after browsing this thread:)
                  mmmm, tacos sound quite yummy for tonight!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users