Jump to content

Photo

Romantic Valentine's Dinner


  • Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 MsShelley

MsShelley

    VIP Member

  • VIP Member
  • 10,366 posts

    Posted 10 February 2008 - 04:31 PM

    So, every year on Valentine's day, we struggle to figure out where to go and what to do. This year, we decided to stay home and have a romantic meal in.

    I want to make an entire meal at home to suprise FI. I need some yummy, romantic recipes. Where are all the Marthas out there?

    Share your recipes with me (if you will) to make vday special for us... Click the image to open in full size.

    #2 MelissaH

    MelissaH
    • Sr. Member
    • 1,724 posts

      Posted 10 February 2008 - 04:38 PM

      Do you like lamb? I know either you love it or you hate it, but for some reason I find rack of lamb to be insanely romantic as part of a meal, so just want to find out before I post my recipe!

      #3 MsShelley

      MsShelley

        VIP Member

      • VIP Member
      • 10,366 posts

        Posted 10 February 2008 - 04:40 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by MelissaH
        Do you like lamb? I know either you love it or you hate it, but for some reason I find rack of lamb to be insanely romantic as part of a meal, so just want to find out before I post my recipe!

        I can't really answer that. I am not opposed to trying anything, I just can't say if I have ever eaten it before, let alone cooked it

        #4 MelissaH

        MelissaH
        • Sr. Member
        • 1,724 posts

          Posted 10 February 2008 - 04:43 PM

          LOL It's super easy to cook, but not everyone likes the taste...here's the recipe anyway :)

          Rack of Lamb
          1 1 1/4- to 1 1/2-pound rack of lamb, trimmed
          1 tsp cumin seeds
          1 tsp coriander seeds
          1/2 tsp green peppercorns
          2 large garlic cloves, chopped
          1 tbsp grated orange peel
          1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil

          Preheat oven to 450°F. Sprinkle lamb with salt and pepper. Enclose cumin, coriander, and peppercorns in small resealable plastic bag. Using mallet, coarsely crush seeds and peppercorns. Add garlic, orange peel, and oil to bag and mash to coarse paste. Smear paste over meat portion of lamb.

          Place lamb, paste side up, in small baking pan. Roast lamb 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 400°F. Continue to roast until thermometer inserted into lamb registers 135°F for medium-rare, about 15 minutes longer. Cut lamb between bones into chops and serve.

          #5 MsShelley

          MsShelley

            VIP Member

          • VIP Member
          • 10,366 posts

            Posted 10 February 2008 - 04:44 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by MelissaH
            LOL It's super easy to cook, but not everyone likes the taste...here's the recipe anyway :)

            Rack of Lamb
            1 1 1/4- to 1 1/2-pound rack of lamb, trimmed
            1 tsp cumin seeds
            1 tsp coriander seeds
            1/2 tsp green peppercorns
            2 large garlic cloves, chopped
            1 tbsp grated orange peel
            1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil

            Preheat oven to 450°F. Sprinkle lamb with salt and pepper. Enclose cumin, coriander, and peppercorns in small resealable plastic bag. Using mallet, coarsely crush seeds and peppercorns. Add garlic, orange peel, and oil to bag and mash to coarse paste. Smear paste over meat portion of lamb.

            Place lamb, paste side up, in small baking pan. Roast lamb 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 400°F. Continue to roast until thermometer inserted into lamb registers 135°F for medium-rare, about 15 minutes longer. Cut lamb between bones into chops and serve.

            thanks Melissa, if I don't try it for vday, I will definitely make it another day

            #6 LadyP

            LadyP
            • Sr. Member
            • 3,156 posts

              Posted 10 February 2008 - 04:45 PM

              what is the meat preference?

              #7 trisha0612

              trisha0612
              • Jr. Member
              • 491 posts

                Posted 10 February 2008 - 04:47 PM

                Mmm...I do not like lamb but I know FI loves it! Shelley I am also planning a romantic dinner at home. I'm going to wear a sexy black dress i bought a while ago for some awards ceremony and light candles and all.....

                I love this Lamb idea....but I am totally open to others..
                Travis & Trish
                10-10-08
                Tulum..uhh I mean Cancun, MX

                #8 MsShelley

                MsShelley

                  VIP Member

                • VIP Member
                • 10,366 posts

                  Posted 10 February 2008 - 04:52 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by trisha0612
                  Mmm...I do not like lamb but I know FI loves it! Shelley I am also planning a romantic dinner at home. I'm going to wear a sexy black dress i bought a while ago for some awards ceremony and light candles and all.....

                  I love this Lamb idea....but I am totally open to others..
                  yup, that is pretty much what I am planning, just need to figure out the meal, lol

                  #9 trisha0612

                  trisha0612
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 491 posts

                    Posted 10 February 2008 - 05:00 PM

                    I know some recipes for like chicken or shrimp scampi...or Italian wedding soup,bruschetta chicken... but FI's had all of this before..I wanted to try something different
                    Travis & Trish
                    10-10-08
                    Tulum..uhh I mean Cancun, MX

                    #10 trisha0612

                    trisha0612
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 491 posts

                      Posted 10 February 2008 - 05:00 PM

                      I know some recipes for like chicken or shrimp scampi...or Italian wedding soup,bruschetta chicken... but FI's had all of this before..I wanted to try something different
                      Travis & Trish
                      10-10-08
                      Tulum..uhh I mean Cancun, MX




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users