Photo

Navagating the Cancun Airport

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#11 neen

neen
  • 633 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 01:22 PM

If you happen to see a funjet/ lomas guy I'd like a picture of them. That way guests will see it's easy to spot them in their bright shirts. I also think one of customs would be useful. And one of the red/ green light. Thanks! whaever pictures you can get would be great.[/QUOTE]

OK, I'm on it!

#12 babycow

babycow
    • 367 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 09:04 PM

I've never been to Cancun, but I googled it in spanish and came up with this site:
      ASUR > Airports > CancÂșn > CancÂșn International Airport

It has a a pretty basic map of the airport (if it is the right one). Maybe you all can embelish and add directions to it. Thanks so much for starting this, I totally will be using your info.
      http://i206.photobuc....DERICA_242.jpg
      Erica and Tim
      Dreams Tulum
      Mexico
      May 17, 2008

#13 MelanieS

MelanieS
      • 820 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 10:50 PM

Be sure and tell your guests not to stop after they go through customs until they are outside. The timeshare people will try to trick them into helping them with their luggage. Tell them to say, "No, gracias" over and over till they are outside.

#14 MelanieS

MelanieS
        • 820 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 10:52 PM

Does anyone have any extra points they might donate? I don't have enough to download the second set of instructions. Thanks so much!

#15 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 18,759 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 10:59 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by timelsel
            Does anyone have any extra points they might donate? I don't have enough to download the second set of instructions. Thanks so much!

I'll send you some. The instructions are for PV though. I haven't compiled the cancun ones yet.

#16 neen

neen
            • 633 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 01:11 AM

just got back from our visit to the Paradisus Riviera...it's late, but tomorrow I'll post the picks I snapped of the FunJet reps and of the customs area. I also took a picture of the red light/green light system, but was immediatedly surrounded by security because its illegal to take pictures of the customs and declaration area...FI was so embarassed to be with me. They took my camera and deleted the picture I'd taken and then let us go so it wasn't a big deal, just a little startling

i definitely second the reco to set up shuttle service in advance. We just kept our heads down and headed straight for the exit and weren't hassled, but I'm sure if we weren't bolting, we would have been approached and hassled. Once outside, its very easy to locate the tour company since they all have bright shirts and signs so you can hop right onto your shuttle.

more to come tomorrow! 'night all!

#17 Leticia

Leticia
              • 259 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 02:54 AM

oooh this is so good to know! thanks ladies!

#18 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 18,759 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 10:19 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by neen
                  just got back from our visit to the Paradisus Riviera...it's late, but tomorrow I'll post the picks I snapped of the FunJet reps and of the customs area. I also took a picture of the red light/green light system, but was immediatedly surrounded by security because its illegal to take pictures of the customs and declaration area...FI was so embarassed to be with me. They took my camera and deleted the picture I'd taken and then let us go so it wasn't a big deal, just a little startling

i definitely second the reco to set up shuttle service in advance. We just kept our heads down and headed straight for the exit and weren't hassled, but I'm sure if we weren't bolting, we would have been approached and hassled. Once outside, its very easy to locate the tour company since they all have bright shirts and signs so you can hop right onto your shuttle.

more to come tomorrow! 'night all!
                  Thanks so much for doing this! Sorry you had a run in with the law.

#19 tlomlad

tlomlad
                  • Banned
                  • 1,949 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 04:48 AM

i dont know if you would want to include this but maybe a blurb about the bar being to the right hand side after you exit the airport... grab a cocktail while you look for your transportation

#20 neen

neen
                    • 633 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 04:30 PM

sorry it took so long to post these shots from Cancun Airport...

Passport Control/Immigration - your first stop after arriving at Cancun Airport
                      Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

Then it's out to baggage claim and onto Customs
                      Click the image to open in full size.

Once outside the airport, the Funjet folks are very easy to spot
                      Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

Hope this helps!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users