Dreams Punta Cana Brides

Originally Posted by Raq87 View Post

Hi Janine, We were supposed to have our reception on the Himitsu Terrace but it rained so we had it indoors. Not sure what the room was called but it was a private room for just us and our guests so it was nice!

This is the "Macao" room.

Sunny greetings from the Dominican Republic

Pascal

Yes, we were able to choose our own flowers for the bouquets and boutonnieres. We also got to choose for the centrepieces at the ceremony and our head table. They had a lot to choose from. I brought my own centrepieces down and they were arranged exactly how I asked. We chose the vanilla cake. I think you can choose between almond, vanilla and chocolate. It was absolutely delicious!! I brought my own cake decorations too so as it went with our decor theme. I did my own makeup but the girl at the spa did an amazing job on my hair. I just brought a picture and she made it look fabulous!!

:) 

DSC_5838.jpgDSC_6270.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Ladies!

Here's my review of my wedding!

Arrival: We arrived with a group of 26 people on Monday and were told that our rooms were not ready yet. This was around 7pm, guests were tired and hungry and grumpy. Apparently there was a big staff change recently, the reception staff was new and didn't know what was going on. Everything got resolved that night, but even then there were still some problems with the rooms. The next day, they apologized to all of us and upgraded everyone to the Preferred club, upgraded my husband and I to the honeymoon suite, and asked if there was anything else that they could do. Of course my husband asked for a free box of cigars, and he got them. It wasn't perfect, but these things MIGHT happen, if they do, the staff are on top of it to correct it.

Wedding Coordinator: We met with Yessica on Wednesday and she was amazing!! So friendly, and she really helped to make our day special. During our meeting I asked her to have the mic in front of us when we are saying our vows so that our guests hear us and saying our vows. I had brought my own chair sashes expecting them to be used at the reception, but she made sure they were there for the ceremony. One hour prior to the ceremony she came to my room to show me a picture of the set-up and asked if everything looked o.k. I made some kissing balls to be hung on the sides of the chairs, program fans and bubbles to be placed on the seats. She showed me a picture of all of this.

Ceremony: What and emotional moment! My husband and I joke around a lot but as I was walking down the aisle with my father I couldn't stop tearing!! When I got to the gazebo, my husband was also tearing! BRIDES!! Don't forget to SMILE and Don't hold your bouquet so high! Yessica played the music as we had discussed, and everything was perfect! 4pm at the Gazebo was a good time, the sun was out and my groom was sweating, but it had rained a little that morning so it was a bit cooler.

Reception: We had our reception on the Himitsu terrace. It is such a beautiful place! The Himitsu restaurant is just next door, so as other guests wait for their table they sometimes are in view of the reception. I didn't even notice them though because we were in our own world. We hired DJ Mannia and he was great. He played the type of music that we had discussed, and he was very friendly. I wish he would have played longer though! Our reception ended around 930pm, and we asked him how much to continue playing, and he said $250/hr. We decided it was too much and just moved the group to the disco. We had the Silver cocktail hour and the GOld dinner menu. The steak was so yummy! Just a word of caution. The terrace can get a bit windy so if you're bringing your own centrepieces make sure they can we weighted, and for women wearing dresses make sure they're aware of this.

Photography: Michael and Pascal from Caribbean Emotions were amazing!!! We went with the Caprice package and added the videographer. We decided on the videographer last minute and it was so worth it! They were very professional and friendly. Our family and friends love our pictures, many people told us that they have never seen pictures like this before. The book that came with the package was so well put together. The trash the dress session was so much fun! Some of my favourite pictures came from here! I highly recommend  Michael and Pascal! When I started planning I read a lot about Caribbean Emotions from other brides, and I booked them immediately. Absolutely no regrets. I had booked them in January for my wedding in November. At the time of booking the resort said outside guests have to pay a day pass. Around April they changed their policy and said outside photographers no longer have to pay a day pass. Apparently they changed their policy again. When I met with Yessica I told her that I was told back in April that I no longer have to pay the day pass fee, she said they will honour that. These guys are great you will not regret it!

Stunning! You both look amazing and I'm LOVING all the green!!

Originally Posted by angieinthesun11 View Post

Yes, we were able to choose our own flowers for the bouquets and boutonnieres. We also got to choose for the centrepieces at the ceremony and our head table. They had a lot to choose from. I brought my own centrepieces down and they were arranged exactly how I asked. We chose the vanilla cake. I think you can choose between almond, vanilla and chocolate. It was absolutely delicious!! I brought my own cake decorations too so as it went with our decor theme. I did my own makeup but the girl at the spa did an amazing job on my hair. I just brought a picture and she made it look fabulous!!

:) 

DSC_5838.jpgDSC_6270.jpg

Wow. I just love reading everyone's reviews and I hope after my wedding (6/22/12) I can help others like you all have helped me! 

Angieinthesun- you look so pretty!

So I'm wondering about a few things - trying to be as laid back as possible but that's not always easy. Can anyone possibly help me out with these questions:

-we booked the ultimate package. It comes with the Gold dinner and silver bar. However we are almost at 60 people booked and may be forced to get a buffet - not too crazy about that idea but whatever. Now...will they deduct the amount of the gold dinner from the ultimate package if I'm now paying for a buffet? Has anyone else run into this???

-my ceremony is at 6, cocktail hour is from 7-8 and reception (portofino 8-9). I'm trying to schedule pictures -  did anyone just end up missing cocktail hour because of pics? I hate to do that but I don't think I will have a choice unless I want to see my fiancé before the ceremony (which wouldn't be completely awful but still)

-we r having a symbolic ceremony - is this performed in English? 

-for anyone who had the buffet - does that also include open bar? I think Carolina said it did come with the silver bar?

-we r having a dj (mannia) and I'm having the carribean trio play at cocktail hour. Do the WCs offer options on what I walk down the aisle too? Or am I responsible for this?

Thabk you so much for your time!!!

Elissa