Dreams Punta Cana Brides

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrdavis23 View Post
Hey Misty, what is that you need to know I can probably help you. after being there I really saw how busy they are and how hard it is to respond to all us brides. they run aorund like crazy. and just so you guys know Deyanira is pregnant also, so she may be in and out for awhile, she found out while I was there :)

I'm still working on my review ladies, I want it to be good because my whole experience with DPC and the wedding was excellent. It has been soo busy and we are finally done with all wedding events lol.. we had our AHR last saturday.
Hey Toya! I'm just worried that I haven't heard from them more than anything. My last email correspondence was from January bc I really didn't have a reason to reach out to them before then. Now with 1 month left to go, I thought they would have emailed me with a assigned coordinator and just confirm things. Am I being crazy smile43.gif

I wondered if they have a lit up dancefloor or just a regular one and if we chose to go with the DJ there, can we just provide him with the CD's of the songs we know we want played. This was a main concern bc if it's not worth it, I was going to book DJ Mannia, but I'm afraid my date is probably gone by now with him. Did you use DJ Mannia? If so, how was he?

I'm just stressed....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieandTim View Post
Hey Misty, FYI- I am booking the DJ through the resort. I asked my WC a few months ago if we could provide a list of music we want played and she responded yes.
So you are going to provide the DJ with a list or actually bring the music on CD's for him to play. I thought about using the resort DJ and have my brother in law MC, since he's ended up MC'ing 3 other weddings and he knows us, so I feel more confindent letting someone who knows us introduce us and do all the announcements. So much to think about it 30 days!

Welcome Sarah!!! I noticed you have Ashburn, Va listed in your box, I am right across the street in Lansdowne!!

Hey Misty! We live in the Broadlands area off Claiborne!!

Did you do a BD shoot? I am looking for someone in the area and have a few recommendations from a friend but they are all very very expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilboltz10 View Post

Hey Misty! We live in the Broadlands area off Claiborne!!

Did you do a BD shoot? I am looking for someone in the area and have a few recommendations from a friend but they are all very very expensive.
Wow! I'll send you a PM so we can exchange contact information bc I am much better with texting then checking the forum on a consistent basis.

Hey ladies!! It is my last day here at DPC and I don't want to gooo! sad.gif I have been here for two weeks, and have had an amazing time! Deyanira was fantastic, and my god are they ever busy here, ALL THE TIME! I will answer to any questions you have, so post them here and/or send me an email natashanaugle@hotmail.com

By the way, I got married on the beach! cheesy.gif I am beyond happy with my choice, by the way. They did a good job of clearing out people that were too close, but it wasn't private for sure! I didn't even notice if people walked in behind us during the ceremony, I was too wrapped up in what was going on :) By the way, I HIGHLY recommend the huppah! Not only did it look WAY, WAY better, but while DH and his groomsmen were waiting for us to arrive they took shelter under the canopy from the sun. We had a minor misunderstanding about the decoration of the huppah... I told her orange flowers, and then realized that it was the decorations for $350... so I quickly corrected her. When I got to the beach, I had some decorations on the huppah and I thought ''oh no, what will this cost us now, or will we have to fight it'' but when we received our bill today, they only charged us $175. So I wonder if she made a compromise because she made the mistake? They put orange and white flower petals down just before I walked down the ''aisle'', which made my Daddy cry... haha

Before I go, I should mention that La Barcaza was one of the best decisions we made the whole trip! We would have liked to have it for one more hour though, so if you have the extra $250 in your budget to add it on (if you do La Barcaza) then definitely do it.

I look forward ot hearing from you ladies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbride2010 View Post
Hey ladies!! It is my last day here at DPC and I don't want to gooo! sad.gif I have been here for two weeks, and have had an amazing time! Deyanira was fantastic, and my god are they ever busy here, ALL THE TIME! I will answer to any questions you have, so post them here and/or send me an email natashanaugle@hotmail.com

By the way, I got married on the beach! cheesy.gif I am beyond happy with my choice, by the way. They did a good job of clearing out people that were too close, but it wasn't private for sure! I didn't even notice if people walked in behind us during the ceremony, I was too wrapped up in what was going on :) By the way, I HIGHLY recommend the huppah! Not only did it look WAY, WAY better, but while DH and his groomsmen were waiting for us to arrive they took shelter under the canopy from the sun. We had a minor misunderstanding about the decoration of the huppah... I told her orange flowers, and then realized that it was the decorations for $350... so I quickly corrected her. When I got to the beach, I had some decorations on the huppah and I thought ''oh no, what will this cost us now, or will we have to fight it'' but when we received our bill today, they only charged us $175. So I wonder if she made a compromise because she made the mistake? They put orange and white flower petals down just before I walked down the ''aisle'', which made my Daddy cry... haha

Before I go, I should mention that La Barcaza was one of the best decisions we made the whole trip! We would have liked to have it for one more hour though, so if you have the extra $250 in your budget to add it on (if you do La Barcaza) then definitely do it.

Nat! Congrats honey!! I know you are having a ball, I have a ton of questions bc I haven't heard back from the resort going on 3 weeks now, but I'll send you an email with all my concerns.

I can't wait to see your pics and read your review bc I know you are going to be so detailed just like all of the planning you put into your day!!!

Hi Eveyone! I am 95% sure that we are going to choose DPC as our wedding destination. I have absolutley loved reading all the posts. Eveyone is so helpful! I was wondering if anyone knows if Dreams can stream the wedding live over the internet. My grandparents won't be able to attend so we thought this would be a great alternative. I saw this was an option somewhere but have looked at so many different things, I can't remember if it was with Dreams or not. If any of you ladies can help me I would appreciate it greatly. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilboltz10 View Post
Wow -- so get this... I am bringing roughly 100-110 people to the resort (Sharron was aware of this from the start). Yet, they booked someone else at Himitsu which prevents me from having my reception at the ballroom (since they are so close to each other). So now they are putting us on "El Patio terrace" which accomodates 50 people. I am about ready to jump ship and find a new resort. What do I do?

I e-mailed Carolina, my WC, and simply said.. "Hey, you booked me, you knew "X" amount of people were slated to come, yet you sudo-booked the only site that holds our party? What am I supposed to do? Please tell me".

59 people are now booked. This should be an AWESOME fun time trying to find a new resort. sad.gif
Question, did you officially have the Himitsu terrace reserved and Sharon mistakenly double booked or had you just spoken to Sharon about your guest count but had not chosen any specific location? I would hate for this to happen to anyone else and I hope it works out for you! Keep us posted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbride2010 View Post

Congrats Natasha!!! Can't wait to see your pictures, I'm sure you were such a beautiful bride!