Jump to content
LadyCheese

Dreams Punta Cana Brides

Recommended Posts

Hello Ladies,

 

Just wondering about the outdoor terraces. I read a while back when I was doing my reseach about resorts that you cannot have dancing and music on the outdoor terrances. I have been in contact with the WC at Dreams Punta Cana and she told me that all receptions are on outdoor terraces and they do the set up to allow for dancing.

 

Is there anyone that has knowledge about this...can you have a full dance/reception after dinner on the outdoor terrace??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbum2010 View Post
Hello Ladies,

Just wondering about the outdoor terraces. I read a while back when I was doing my reseach about resorts that you cannot have dancing and music on the outdoor terrances. I have been in contact with the WC at Dreams Punta Cana and she told me that all receptions are on outdoor terraces and they do the set up to allow for dancing.

Is there anyone that has knowledge about this...can you have a full dance/reception after dinner on the outdoor terrace??
There is definitely dancing allowed on the terraces and there is no need for a dance floor, that's only if you are having the reception on the beach. The only restriction is that the reception must end by 11pm since it's outdoors and they don't want to disturb the other guests with loud music. Hope this helps!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought I would update you all on the vase subject. I called Air Transport Security here in Canada, and he told me that as long as it is empty and is well packaged it CAN be brought on board. In fact, he said the recommend this, since it is a delicate item. My TA also confirmed this, and said that especially since we are a large wedding party there won't be an issue; they will put it through the xray scanner on its own to make sure there is nothing in it and that it is a vase, and that MAYBE they might ask us to unpack it from its bubble wrap. But other than that, they won't give us a hassle. WOO HOO!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbride2010 View Post
I thought I would update you all on the vase subject. I called Air Transport Security here in Canada, and he told me that as long as it is empty and is well packaged it CAN be brought on board. In fact, he said the recommend this, since it is a delicate item. My TA also confirmed this, and said that especially since we are a large wedding party there won't be an issue; they will put it through the xray scanner on its own to make sure there is nothing in it and that it is a vase, and that MAYBE they might ask us to unpack it from its bubble wrap. But other than that, they won't give us a hassle. WOO HOO!
Quick question, did DPC not have the vases you wanted to use or the type you wanted? I haven't asked the WC about that! 2 weeks to go until you are married!!! You must be pysched!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have any of you married DPC brides gotten your makeup done by the resort? I plan to but at the same time I dont want to worry about looking like a clown on my wedding day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieandTim View Post
Have any of you married DPC brides gotten your makeup done by the resort? I plan to but at the same time I dont want to worry about looking like a clown on my wedding day.
You definitely won't look like a clown! I went to see DPC in person last month and visited the spa where your hair and make-up is being done. They had pictures of previous brides and also there was a bride there with her make-up done and she looked great! I've read many posts on brides who had their make-up done and loved it and also had their hair done (some brought pics with them of the style they wanted) and they said it came out great! They'll do a fabulous job and also if you are unhappy, they will redo it for free. You can always get a trial done the day before if you really are nervous.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Ska for the advice! I definitely might do a trial run. I am lucky enough to have a sister who is a hair dresser so my hair will be taken care of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbride2010 View Post
I thought I would update you all on the vase subject. I called Air Transport Security here in Canada, and he told me that as long as it is empty and is well packaged it CAN be brought on board. In fact, he said the recommend this, since it is a delicate item. My TA also confirmed this, and said that especially since we are a large wedding party there won't be an issue; they will put it through the xray scanner on its own to make sure there is nothing in it and that it is a vase, and that MAYBE they might ask us to unpack it from its bubble wrap. But other than that, they won't give us a hassle. WOO HOO!
Nat that's great! My only concern is how are you bringing them on board? In a cardboard packing box or are you just going to have them in a carry on duffel bag?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the info Nat.

Especially since I think with only 2 months left....I'm changing my centerpieces from bird cages, to something more simple sad.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JENISE! You were just talking about those birdcages the other day, lol! I found something else too but now I wanna find acrylic plastic vases bc I am too worried about the glass at this point sad.gif But acrylic vases are expensive! If anyone has any recommendations of where to look, let me know. Thanks ladies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Watches as a gift can never go wrong. Couple necklaces, or special jewelry can also be a great choice. 
    • As a wedding gift, necklaces are a good choice.
    • So thanks to coronavirus, my husband and I have had to make alterations to our wedding. I don’t think I have to put this in, but this isn’t a joke and need we thoughts on this.   We’re planning on having our full, entire wedding inside this bubble (I’m inside it for scale). This is to get complete isolation from the virus and to prevent it from spreading to either of us, or if we have the virus somehow, spreading it to others. Both of will get inside it for the whole day (or at least that’s the plan). We are ok with making small to moderate changes from a typical wedding if it means isolating inside a bubble, but any big changes would mean we probably won’t use the bubble then. Are there any parts in the wedding that would be difficult or downright impossible to do inside this bubble? What are your thoughts on this idea, and what would need to be changed from a traditional wedding?  
    • Amazon it is a paradise for shopping. I always buy from this platform, especially when I look for a present. I've already set up Amazon Pro, for advanced buyers, and for free shipping, lol. In fact, I bought a lot of different products here. I like to make beautiful gifts, and packaging means a lot to me. I usually chose all the parts of the gift and then packed them at home by myself. But recently, at the wedding of my friend, I did not have time at all and I decided to look for a service that can help me. As a result, I came across a good website where you can buy different gift baskets. jetgiftbaskets.com I bought her a Wedding Wishes gift basket, and she was very happy. This service has excellent service, as good as amazon has.
  • Topics

×
×
  • Create New...