#4711 moodyc82

moodyc82
  • 614 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 16, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Punta Cana, DR
  • LocationNJ

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by Liann03 

I tooo have the ultimate wedding package... Since it only covers up to 20 people and we have 65..... We are responsible for paying for the additional 45 people. Only thing is they are charging us separately for dinner, cocktail hour, AND drinks. How many guests go u have coming to ur wedding? Our buffet option alone is $70 per person and we r being charged for children!!! How is ur $66 for everything?! Help!!!

OOOOH b/c you have to have the buffet b/c your number of ppl. We have 31ppl coming. And I'd talk to you WC and say you're not paying for drinks for the kids since they will not be drinking....try and work a deal with the kids at least b/c they won't eat half of what is there probably and won't be drinking. Also, I heard a lot of ppl got out of the extra fee for the cake b/c I guess they cut very large pieces and there is also desert included in the ultimate package so it might be a bit too much

#4712 Liann03

Liann03
  • 152 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:04 AM

OOOOH b/c you have to have the buffet b/c your number of ppl. We have 31ppl coming. And I'd talk to you WC and say you're not paying for drinks for the kids since they will not be drinking....try and work a deal with the kids at least b/c they won't eat half of what is there probably and won't be drinking. Also, I heard a lot of ppl got out of the extra fee for the cake b/c I guess they cut very large pieces and there is also desert included in the ultimate package so it might be a bit too much

Thanks for the info..., I will def have to look into everything! And good idea to print the emails! Who is ur WC?

#4713 moodyc82

moodyc82
    • 614 posts
    • LocationNJ

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:13 AM

Thanks for the info..., I will def have to look into everything! And good idea to print the emails! Who is ur WC?

Carolina

#4714 Liann03

Liann03
    • 152 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:15 AM

Carolina

I have deyanira. Are you doing beach ceremony? Mine is on the beach with reception on the himitsu terrace! Caribbean buffet

#4715 moodyc82

moodyc82
      • 614 posts
      • LocationNJ

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:41 AM

I have deyanira.
      Are you doing beach ceremony?
      Mine is on the beach with reception on the himitsu terrace! Caribbean buffet

I'm doing beach ceremony at 4pm and reception at Portofino's

#4716 Liann03

Liann03
      • 152 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:26 AM

I'm doing beach ceremony at 4pm and reception at Portofino's

Very nice... Is portofino indoor or outdoor?!

#4717 moodyc82

moodyc82
        • 614 posts
        • LocationNJ

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:58 PM

Very nice... Is portofino indoor or outdoor?!

Out door overlooking the beach :)

#4718 Liann03

Liann03
        • 152 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:10 PM

Out door overlooking the beach :)

Sounds beautiful!

#4719 vogelk4

vogelk4
          • 4 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:19 PM

Hi! I too was having this same problem! Our wedding is August 3rd and we are leaving next month with 81 guests booked! I started freaking out to Deyanira and having my fiances family call her since they are from the area and know pricing. I thought we had to pay extra for open bar and everything but it turns out the $74 extra per person we are paying for the buffet includes the price for drinks as well. And for the cake, well $7 per person is outrageous. My fiance and I will take the cake that comes with the package for the tradition of cutting the cake and letting our guests just enjoy the desserts that come with the buffet. Much less to stress about,

#4720 Liann03

Liann03
            • 152 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:48 PM

Hi! I too was having this same problem! Our wedding is August 3rd and we are leaving next month with 81 guests booked! I started freaking out to Deyanira and having my fiances family call her since they are from the area and know pricing. I thought we had to pay extra for open bar and everything but it turns out the $74 extra per person we are paying for the buffet includes the price for drinks as well. And for the cake, well $7 per person is outrageous. My fiance and I will take the cake that comes with the package for the tradition of cutting the cake and letting our guests just enjoy the desserts that come with the buffet. Much less to stress about,

Sooo apparently the "silver bar" package is included with the buffet at $74 per person.... The "gold bar" package is $8 per person PER HOUR.... Which for a one hour cocktail hour and 3 hour dinner reception comes to $32 per person for the gold bar.... I freaked out when I saw that!! I thought it was only 8$ per person! She said the silver bar has a charge for the hour but its still confusing. I'm emailing her tonight to clarify AGAIN! I asked her if its an "all inclusive" resort why would I pay $32 a person for their drinks.... That's just crazy! And with 65 people booked you think they'd throw ya a break somewhere!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users