Originally Posted by msvasq
I am going through the Formal invitation / RSVP great debate! I need my Sister Brides to help me!!!! My wedding is set for June 28th. I sent out my Save the Date in July.
My questions are:
1) When did you send out your formal invitation (how far in advanced from your wedding)
2) How far before the wedding did you set your RSVP date?
As a side note, I am working with a travel agent & my guests have the option to put a deposit down of $150 per adult that goes towards their room rate & they have the option to pay if off by April instead of all upfront.
For those of you that have already passed this process --
1) Did you find issues with room availability at the resort and/or airfare prices being too high? If the RSVP date was too close to the wedding?
2) Did you have enough time to order i.e. favors etc if you had your RSVP date close to your wedding date?
I guess my major concern is as a bride, I feel like I need to know really early but don't want to deter guests if I'm asking so far in advanced for a commitment.
15 more days till Wedding Day...7 before I leave!
1) I send my formal Invites out 2 months before hand. I pretty much knew who was coming. So I didnt need an RSVP response back.
2) I didnt have an RSVP date. Well I did...Our travel agent had our group on a promo code for a discount. That ended Aug. 31. My wedding is Oct 11. That gave our guest time to book and make payments if they needed too. But all payments had to be made by Aug 31th. We only had 3 couples book on their own and not with our TA. Which worked out great for us. Since we had more the 15 rooms booked we received a good amount of money back for them. = )
I hope that helps! Happy Planning! If you have FB there is a Dreams Punta Cana Bride Group you can join and ask question as well!