Dreams Punta Cana Brides

HI LisaRN, my date is July 30, 2013 6pm did you mean July? you said January. But anyway my reception is on the Himitsu Terrace.

Carolina13, with Liberty Travel my guest had to give a 50.00per person deposit for their rooms and they must be paid of by 5/30/2013. I didn't have to give a deposit per room. My TA told me to block more rooms than I need, she said its easier to drop from a block. If the Resort sells out and we need more we'll be out of luck. I'm not responsible for any rooms except my own.              

@ Msvasq  I have been looking at the Dreams Punta Cana FB page and a few past brides have posted Pics of their wedding.  It has helped me with what people are doing for the grooms attire also decorations.  I agree 500 bucks is WAY TOO MUCH for flowers.  Im getting married on the beach so im going to do flowers petals down the aisle ( found them at Michael's) and maybe something to hang on every other chair.  As for my center piece...I still have no idea what im doing for them.  You can rent the glass votive from the resort for 10 dollars a piece which is still $$$ if you want 3 at each table.  But at least you have them and all you have to bring is the crap that goes in them.  Save you worry over shipping anything or bringing them with you.  Ya know. 

BTW I FB the resort bc I had sent an email to Gara Diaz about cake and what not.  Didnt hear back for like a month.  FB the resort, Nancy emailed me back stating Gara is no longer with the company!!  WTF is all that came to out of my mouth!  So glad I was emailing someone who no longer works there.  You would think they would go through her emails give her accounts to someone who does work there!  Thank God I FB them.  Who knows how long it would have been before I got a response. 

Sorry im about 3 months away from my wedding and I still have no center piece.  No music to walk down the aisle too.  LOL Im really starting to freak out!  : )

I hope this helps.  Here is the FB page if you want to look and get more idea! I also got idea from the photographer FB and webpage.  Im using Caribbean Emotions. 

http://www.facebook.com/#!/DreamsPuntaCana

http://www.facebook.com/#!/caribbeanemotions

Sorry Carolina13, you wanted to know how many rooms I blocked. We blocked 40 I think we will be very close to filling them. How many rooms do you think you will need?

Has anyone come across anyone else getting married July 30th, 2013?     

We are also using HDC photography.  They have been great to work with so far in regards to setting the date with and paying for the day. 

As far as centerpieces we are taking our own.  I found a DIY site where girls were buying vases from a Dollar Store and putting glass stones in the bottom with a fake flower and filling it with water.  On the top they put a small candle and add a couple candles around the vases on the table.  They turn out MUCH cheaper than the price the resort gives for centerpieces!

you ladies are such time savers!!!!  i love this forum :)  plus im sure i'd drive my FI & sisters mad w/ wedding chatter  24/7 lol 

thank you Tcruz21!! I'm going to definitely check out the FB pages! :)  btw, those prices for additional's im assuming its part of a decoration package? i guess i haven't gotten down that road with the WC yet. but even $10/ votive sounds too much!  DIY is definitely going to be an option for me.  btw, check out this YT video from koyal wholsale. http://www.youtube.com/user/koyalwholesalecom/videos  i've never looked at their site for prices but i love watching the videos for inspiration!  DIY is something i'm considering  -- a gals gotta save somewhere right?!  & good luck w/ the last of your details!!!! keep us posted on how things go! :)

& thanks carolina for the photo suggestion! that would be great if you fwd me the prices :) 

erin can you share the site?