Dreams Punta Cana Brides

• Please log in to reply
4752 replies to this topic

#3971 JennNicholls

JennNicholls
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 04:21 PM

Hi Everyone,

I just joined...not much planning done yet but we're pretty set on having our wedding at Dreams, I was wondering if anyone knew of any deals they give for large groups and kids....I seen on their site that they have some deals but I don't want my family paying for young kids, but I also don't want them to miss out on the event...any suggestions or information would be great!

Thanks Everyone!

Cheers, Jenn

#3972 Liss2626

Liss2626
    • 41 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 05:45 PM

Hi Jenn - welcome :) I'm not sure if they have any deals for young kids - we are in a bit of a unique (or, maybe not) situation in that we already have two children and they are booked in my parents room (They will be three and 11 months at the time of the wedding). They did not allow them to be booked in our room because we chose to get a swim-up room and there are no children allowed in these types of rooms, so my parents ended up getting the family suite. (I have the best parents in the world.)  

I also know that for the reception kids eat for half price, but other than that I'm not sure. Have you talked to your travel agent about getting a group rate? Mine is still looking into it for me and our wedding is in June. I think it's considered after there are 10 rooms booked or something but I can't be 100 percent positive.

TJC - I had NO idea about that fee! I guess that also applies to my dj as well...lean something new everyday...ugh.

Also - this might sound kind of dumb...but do any other brides have a fear of flying like I do??

#3973 Andrea28

Andrea28
      • 66 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 06:11 PM

Liss2626-I am scared as hell of flying even though I am a frequent flyer !! I just hate it !! I take sickness pills and pills to sleep and all is well :) I decided to get what the grooms will wear at old Navy to save on money. I heard good stuff about the shorts and linen shirt.

JennNicholls-  Welcome :P I think kids stay for free under the age of 12, but I think it is written on the website ( 2 kids per family I think, so the 3rd you pay unless you get them registered with someone else if it's doable)

For the pictures, I'm lucky, my cousin is a professional photographer so we made a deal, I pay her vacation ( more or less $1250 ) and she takes pictures of us getting ready, ceremony, reception and a session of TTD !! She will give me all the pictures retouched on a DVD.

I decided to bring my ipod for the ceremony to lower the costs !!!

#3974 Liss2626

Liss2626
        • 41 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 06:18 PM

I'll check out old navy for sure!!

And I'm soooo glad I'm not alone in my flying fears...I think I may need something prescription strength!!!

#3975 mel72683

mel72683
          • 52 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:53 AM

Just wanted to share a few pics with everyone.  I know a few people asked about clothing.  We bought everything from Dilliard's.  I wanted linen and we found a great deal on the pants and shirts.  And everyone was barefoot :).  For the reception after my husband wore Margarittaville flip flops. 

EST_2079 (2).JPG

EST_2090 (2).JPG

Also make sure to get a funny picture :).  They make great memories!!

EST_2105 (2).JPG

#3976 Liss2626

Liss2626
            • 41 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:10 PM

Love the pictures! You are a beautiful bride! And now I'm all about getting a silly pic...

As for Dillards,,,we don't have them around here...did you order online by any chance? Sometimes doing that can be a bit tricky with fit, etc. Just curious :)

#3977 mdf1us

mdf1us
              • 25 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:16 PM

The pictures are beautiful. You look so beautiful........and the guys HANSOME

#3978 mel72683

mel72683
                • 52 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:20 AM

Thank you Liss2626 and mdf1us. 

Liss2626 - We actually went to the store and tried everything on and just lucked out that everybody could wear everything.  We had 4 guys including my husband that we had to get stuff for.  I am sure you could order online but like you said it can be a little difficult with the fit.  Happy hunting and keep an eye out for sales :)

#3979 Liss2626

Liss2626
                  • 41 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:51 PM

Thanks!

Did any of you ladies see your groom before the wedding? Because of time and "sunlight restrictions" - haha - we may have to do this. However, my sister in law did that with her wedding in November and it was actually a very special moment captured by the photographer - they called it "the revealing" or something like that. They made her groom stand with his back turned and then she went and tapped him on the shoulder. His face as she turned around was my favorite picture! However - I'm not sure if I feel like having ALL my guests see me. What do you all think?

#3980 Amber 5678

Amber 5678
                    • 31 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:07 PM

Hello everyone! I can't believe how long its been since I have been on here- but I thought I should since my wedding is coming up in Nov and I need to get to planning! For the ladies who have already had their weddings at Dreams, what kind of different vase options did they give you for centerpieces? Also I know they have different bouquet options (I have only seen a few of them), but are you just limited to the designs and flowers in the pictures or are you allowed to have more of a choice?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users