4752 replies to this topic

#3651 welljen

welljen
  • Site Supporter
  • 94 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by letluva5412 

Hey Jen,

Thanks for all of your tips!  They are very helpful.  Did you discuss your decor with them throughout your planning or when you arrived at the hotel?

Hi Leticia,

I told my WC that I was going to be bringing paper lanterns about 5-6 before, but I didn't mention the chair sashes until about 4-5 weeks before when she sent me a list of questions to confirm the details.

J

#3652 Raq87

Raq87
    • 22 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 01:05 PM

Does anyone else think its kinda crazy to pay for cocktail hour when were staying at an all- inclusive? I think we may skip the cocktail hour and have everyone just go to the same bar or something.. Or do you think this will make us look cheap??.. I was just thinking ppl might rather have the choice to do what they want aswell..

#3653 Raq87

Raq87
      • 22 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 01:11 PM

Hi amu.. No they dont discount you anything on the ultimate package.. I was going with that aswell but because they dont discount you anything for having your own photographer, I decided to go with the complimentary package and just add everything on that we want/need. I calculated that I actually save about 1000$ doing this!! Also question for everyone- did anyone else get the $200/room credit and do you know what this can be applied to?

#3654 bsnursecole

bsnursecole
        • 2 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 03:50 PM

Hello Ska,

I am getting married November 3, 2011. I am new to this site. Hoping to find some answers and help. My WC isn't much help.

#3655 AmyB2011

AmyB2011
          • 6 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 01:04 PM

Yikes - are you serious?

Do the packages not come with bar and wine service?

Im getting the ultimate ....and wondering if I need to pay in addition?

I wish my wc gave me more info overall!

:)

#3656 AmyB2011

AmyB2011
            • 6 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 01:07 PM

Ya Im thinking I might go that route?

I want the 20per gold dinner, I want the caribbean trio, the corsages, flowers, etc.

What did you add on or not add on to make it $1000.00 cheaper.

I just think there should be some sort of credit, $200-500 off the package if you meet the bedroom committment.

Im not frustrated yet, but Im not learning the proper things to ask and finalize with my WC from her, Im finding them on here LOL

AMy

#3657 Raq87

Raq87
              • 22 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 04:22 PM

Well I figure I don't really need the personal dressing assistant as I will have my maids to help with that.. My friend is a hair dresser so she will do my hair, my sister is doing my makeup.. I am not using the resort photographer or the carribean trio.. My father in law will be video taping.. and all those other little extras I don't care about! So Im just going with the wedding in paradise, gold dinner for 36, adding on the cake & sparkling wine for my guests.. adding the gazebo decor.. and I end up saving close to $1500 actually since I'm not planning on doing the cocktail hour.. I may change my mind on the cocktail hour but as of now I don't think I will.. considering that would only leave about 30 mins for pictures after the ceremony.. I'd rather have an hour & a half.. and my guests can all just go to a bar or do whatever they want!

Originally Posted by AmyB2011 

Ya Im thinking I might go that route?

I want the 20per gold dinner, I want the caribbean trio, the corsages, flowers, etc.

What did you add on or not add on to make it $1000.00 cheaper.

I just think there should be some sort of credit, $200-500 off the package if you meet the bedroom committment.

Im not frustrated yet, but Im not learning the proper things to ask and finalize with my WC from her, Im finding them on here LOL

AMy

#3658 welljen

welljen
                • Site Supporter
                • 94 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 07:04 PM

Hi Raq,

That is exactly what we did, we went with the lowest package and then added things on as we wanted. We figured we wouldn't have used half of the things in the Ultimate package.

As for the cocktail hour, we also wavered about doing it until deciding against it. And we were certainly glad we did, since our wedding ceremony was delayed by about 20 minutes because the groom in the wedding before ours had a panic attack. Thankfully we didn't have the cocktail hour as it would have been a huge waste of money, since after the ceremony we basically had to beeline it for the beach for our photos so we could take advantage of the daylight.

#3659 ksugirl

ksugirl
                  • 21 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 07:13 PM

We leave in 3 days and in exactly one week, we'll be married!  I can't believe after all of the waiting and planning, it's almost here!!!

#3660 subbi

subbi
                    • 217 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:57 AM

Any dreams Bride had the Silver dinner package, and what meals did you choose from it?

Dreams Punta Cana September 16th 2011

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users