Photo

Dreams Punta Cana Brides

• Please log in to reply
4752 replies to this topic

#341 SSNM

SSNM
  • 675 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 03:39 PM

There already is a facebook group called Dreams Punta Cana Brides. Has a bit of info and a nice way to hook up with others.

#342 nsbride2010

nsbride2010
    • 2,528 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 01:41 PM

WOW they are gorgeous!!

Hey does anyone have the menus for the dinner packages? My FI and I are trying to decide on which one we want :) And does the reception venue depend on the dinner package you take? Thanks ladies :)
      Enjoying marital bliss since July 1st, 2010

#343 nsbride2010

nsbride2010
      • 2,528 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 01:41 PM

WOW they are gorgeous!!

Hey does anyone have the menus for the dinner packages? My FI and I are trying to decide on which one we want :) And does the reception venue depend on the dinner package you take? Thanks ladies :)

#344 nsbride2010

nsbride2010
        • 2,528 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 01:44 PM

by the way, wish me luck everyone! Tomorrow we are having Hurricane Bill come barreling in, and I may not have power at home So I will make sure to get to BDW at work (if I can get there! haha)

#345 Tam

Tam
          • 551 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 10:14 PM

Has anyone booked/reserved their wedding date yet?? And, did you have to give a deposit of $500?
            I think that's what you're supposed to do...? I haven't done it yet as I haven't reserved pricing... just wondering how it works.
            Has anyone too had quotes stipulating you have to pay within a month of reserving?

#346 Tam

Tam
            • 551 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 10:26 PM

Ns, send me your email address so I can forward you the attachments....
              BTW, good luck with Bill tomorrow!!

#347 SSNM

SSNM
              • 675 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 11:11 PM

When you book your wedding you put a $100 deposit down for the free package and $500 for the other packages (in USD). I believe they use your credit card and they don't process it right away (I have heard accounts of up to a month or so before the credit card was billed).

#348 Soon2bMrsC

Soon2bMrsC
                • 32 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 09:02 AM

Has anyone seen the TRIPADVISOR reviews for the DREAMS PUNTA CANA resort? They suck. Now i'm nervous to have my wedding there
                  "Grow old with me! The best is yet to be."url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
                  http://tickers.Ticke....1293/event.png
                  [/url]

#349 ebredhawk

ebredhawk
                  • 949 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 01:28 PM

tam.. when i got my confirmation it said that a $100 deposit was required for the wedding in paradise package and a $500 deposit was for the dreams ultimate wedding package. i remember one of the WCs saying something about it not being applied until you get to the resort, but i may be making that up? i know that they never charged my card, but i am confirmed. i think they at least like to have a copy of your card on file in case you cancel.

nsbride.. as far as i know you can have a reception at any of their locations with any of the menus available. however, there was a bride a few weeks ago who said something about getting a menu specific to the restaurant her reception was at. my only guess is that she didn't do a private repcetion and instead had a special area reserved at the restaurant for a dinner for her guests. does anyone else know anything otherwise?

soon2bemrsc.. do NOT read the reviews on tripadvisor unless you want to be completely freaked out! the rule of thumb with reviews (for ANYTHING, not just hotels) is that most of the time the people who leave them are the few who had a bad experience so unfortunately you see more of those than you want to. for every bad review out there i've seen 100 good ones so i would not let those reviews worry you. there's a reason why DPC is consistently rated as one of the top resorts in punta cana!

#350 ebredhawk

ebredhawk
                    • 949 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 01:33 PM

oh, i found the response about the deposit, but i'm not sure if it is the same for all wedding packages (i am doing the free one):

"Thanks for sending the credit card authorization form, we will keep it in your file. Charges will be made upon your arrival."

let me know if anyone has heard something different!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users