Jump to content

Photo

Dreams Punta Cana Brides


  • Please log in to reply
4752 replies to this topic

#3421 soon2bmrspierce

soon2bmrspierce
  • Newbie
  • 48 posts

    Posted 07 March 2011 - 02:48 PM



    yes u did.Thanks :)

    Originally Posted by nsbride2010 


    When we did ours, we needed a group of guests to book right away to get a group rate. However, when anyone else booked they could just contact our agent and say they were part of our group, and they could book at their own pace (up until 45 days before).  I hope I understood you properly?



     



     



    #3422 Sherri84

    Sherri84
    • Jr. Member
    • 169 posts

      Posted 11 March 2011 - 05:14 PM

        Hi Ladies,

        I just got back last Saturday from my wedding/honeymoon (wedding was Feb 21st) thought I share a few things with you :)   The resort grounds are beautiful, perfect place for a wedding! I got married in the gazebo at 4pm and had cocktail hour and reception on the Himitsu terrace untill 11pm. I also had flowers from the resort which were beautiful as well!     gazebo.jpg     Flowers.jpg     The resort was 110% full on the week of our wedding, they tried to “upgrade” 9 of our 30 guest to the Hard Rock… As well, the rooms are SMALL! We had a swim out room, we wanted to upgrade to a Honeymoon suite as we weren’t happy with our room, we were even willing to pay whatever price, but they said they had no rooms at all!  The swim out turned out to be fun, but it was a lot smaller than any other all inclusive resort rooms I’ve been in.   The beach is awesome here!! Trying to find a chair or a towel after 9am was pretty much impossible which was probably due the resort being 110% book. This is where our swim out room came in handy :)   Beach.jpg   Our photographer was Michael Weiler with Caribbean Emotions, he was amazing, and such a good price. We also had 36 printed photos of the ceremony with the resort photographer they wanted 180$ for 36 images on CD, (and that they said was half price!!!)   I wasn’t planning on doing a TTD but a week after the wedding, my Mom talked me into it! I called up Michael and he was able to do one with us!! It was amazing, he took us off resort to a beautiful beach and the pictures turned out amazing!    TTD1.jpg   TTD2.jpg     Let me know if you ladies have any questions :)

      #3423 smtc0245

      smtc0245
      • Newbie
      • 106 posts

        Posted 12 March 2011 - 03:00 PM

        Sherri yours pictures look awesome and your Mugs look super familiar.. I saw you on one of the days you were there, I think maybe the friday, your group was sitting behind my group at the pool.  I was down there from the 13th-20th and got married on the 17th (the one day it rained all evening : ( .)

         

        I hear you about the towels it was next to impossible some days to get a towel.


        Bride, Groom + 23 Guests Booked

        #3424 kwaller82

        kwaller82
        • Newbie
        • 23 posts

          Posted 12 March 2011 - 03:28 PM

          Hi Sherri,  your pictures are amazing, you look beautiful!  I was wondering if you have any pictures of your reception.  Our wedding is scheduled for May 21st at 4:30 with our dinner and cocktail hour on the Himitsu Terrace.  It also looks like we're expecting around the same number of guests you had, so I'm just curious to see what the set up looks like.  Also, how do they do the cocktail hour?  Is everything in the same space as the dinner, or do they do the cocktail hour on one part of the terrace and the dinner on another part?

           

          Thanks!!



          #3425 farlem311

          farlem311
          • Jr. Member
          • 219 posts

            Posted 12 March 2011 - 05:21 PM

            Sherri, I would like to also see some pics since I am getting married this year in June.  I am curious to see your reception at Hit, as this is also where we are having ours. 



            #3426 ska2m

            ska2m
            • Site Supporter
            • 150 posts

              Posted 13 March 2011 - 06:06 AM

              Yes, they are all booking on their own, we are just keeping on top of vacation packages that we find and inform the ones who haven't booked yet.

               

              As for the 6th room free, not sure what that is. I get a free upgrade with my wedding package..... Can you tell me more abut the 6th room free?

              Thanks
               

              Originally Posted by soon2bmrspierce 


              Thanks.I'm going to look into AA.So, are your guests booking n their own?If so do you still get the 6th room free that way?
               



               



               



              #3427 alykay

              alykay
              • Site Supporter
              • 77 posts

                Posted 13 March 2011 - 03:12 PM

                Hi Sherri, your photos look amazing

                would love to see the rest, 

                Im getting married on may 25 and we have about 9 weeks left yikes....

                i cant believe its almost here i feel there is sooo much to do

                Ive been getting kinda scared coz i really dont want it to rain.

                thanks for all the info about rooms etc.

                I hope its not that full when we are there but it just might be 

                we have lots of weddings going on that week. 

                did you have a catholic ceremony.......

                 



                #3428 Sherri84

                Sherri84
                • Jr. Member
                • 169 posts

                  Posted 13 March 2011 - 03:34 PM


                  SMTC Thats too funny! I wish I would of known I would of liked to of said hi! We got there on the 18th, but heard all about the rain the day before :(
                   

                  Originally Posted by smtc0245 

                  Sherri yours pictures look awesome and your Mugs look super familiar.. I saw you on one of the days you were there, I think maybe the friday, your group was sitting behind my group at the pool.  I was down there from the 13th-20th and got married on the 17th (the one day it rained all evening : ( .)

                   

                  I hear you about the towels it was next to impossible some days to get a towel.



                   

                   Kwaller82 - I do have some pics of the reception but I don't know how well they show the set up. Let me know your email address and I'll send you some. Cocktail hour was in the same area as the dinner, people were just kinda standing around when I got there after cocktail hour was done.

                   

                  Originally Posted by kwaller82 

                  Hi Sherri,  your pictures are amazing, you look beautiful!  I was wondering if you have any pictures of your reception.  Our wedding is scheduled for May 21st at 4:30 with our dinner and cocktail hour on the Himitsu Terrace.  It also looks like we're expecting around the same number of guests you had, so I'm just curious to see what the set up looks like.  Also, how do they do the cocktail hour?  Is everything in the same space as the dinner, or do they do the cocktail hour on one part of the terrace and the dinner on another part?

                   

                  Thanks!!



                   Farlem - If you give me your email address as well I'll send you some pics!



                  Originally Posted by farlem311 

                  Sherri, I would like to also see some pics since I am getting married this year in June.  I am curious to see your reception at Hit, as this is also where we are having ours. 

                   

                   


                  Thanks alykay, One thing you can't worry about is the weather cause you def. can't control it lol. We had a symbolic ceramony.
                   

                  Originally Posted by alykay 

                  Hi Sherri, your photos look amazing

                  would love to see the rest, 

                  Im getting married on may 25 and we have about 9 weeks left yikes....

                  i cant believe its almost here i feel there is sooo much to do

                  Ive been getting kinda scared coz i really dont want it to rain.

                  thanks for all the info about rooms etc.

                  I hope its not that full when we are there but it just might be 

                  we have lots of weddings going on that week. 

                  did you have a catholic ceremony.......

                   



                   



                  #3429 alykay

                  alykay
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 77 posts

                    Posted 13 March 2011 - 07:58 PM

                    hi sherri can you send me pictures as well i would love to see them

                    alykay4@hotmail.com

                    thanks.

                     

                     



                    #3430 alykay

                    alykay
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 77 posts

                      Posted 13 March 2011 - 08:04 PM

                      Hi has anyone on here had a catholic ceremony?

                      if so can you pm me I have some questions.

                       

                      - is there a rule that the groom has to walk up the aisle right before the bride walks up coz we saw our priest here in canada and he told me that

                        this is what the catholic church has to do.  apparently the groom cannot stand at the alter like we've always seen before, he has to walk up with 

                        his parents right before the brides walk???? this really threw me off.....lol

                      - also did you do a first reading, responsorial psalm and a second reading, and lastly a "lord hear our pray"??

                      - did you play a song while he was getting the bread and wine ready? and did you play a song while he was giving out communion? where u allowed  to play a songs i mean??

                      - then lastly we want to say our own vows but also we would like to repeat the traditional vows after the priest and then play our recessional song in the 

                      end

                      -also did you have to sign the register while the priest was there?? and what about the uniting of the candles or combining the sand when or did you do this........

                       

                      sorry lots of questions for you catholic brides but i would love some help with this as Im very organized and I dont want any surprises the day off

                      coz apparently there is no rehearsal and the first time i see the preist will be when i walk up the aisle?????? 






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users