Photo

Dreams Punta Cana Brides

• Please log in to reply
4752 replies to this topic

#3241 LiveLaughLove

LiveLaughLove
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 07:07 PM

Hi brides! I'm new to the forum and loving it so far! Everyone's so great here! :-D I have a question I'm hoping someone can help me with: I'm trying to fill out the online wedding request form and there are only 3 options for preferred reception location (beach, wedding gazebo, or ballroom). Why aren't any of the terrace locations an option? 

#3242 ksugirl

ksugirl
    • 21 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 07:33 PM

How does the pricing work on the dinners and cocktail parties?  I think we are going to go with the Silver dinner and cocktails but the most they give a price for is 20 guests.  We will have at least 30.  Will we have to pay per person for the dinner, party, and cake for anything over 20 people?  That could get expensive in a hurry so I would like to plan ahead.  Thanks for your help!

#3243 LiveLaughLove

LiveLaughLove
      • 13 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 08:02 PM

Does anyone know how much it costs to hire an outside photographer to come to Dreams and what the package includes? I'm trying to save money but it seems like everyone is very happy they spent the money on this! Thanks! 

#3244 LiveLaughLove

LiveLaughLove
        • 13 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 08:07 PM

Also ... I just realized my original post didn't show! I'm new to the forum and loving it so far! Everyone here seems so great! :-D I have a question that I'm hoping someone can help me with. I wanted to fill out the online wedding request form and the only 3 options for preferred reception locations are beach, gazebo and ballroom. How do I request one of the terraces?

#3245 ksugirl

ksugirl
          • 21 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 08:40 PM

It is $55 dollars for a day pass for outside photographers.  We are using HDC Photography as they were very reasonable and after lots of searching, I am still unable to find any negative things about them on this site.  We are also using them for our videography.  I'm sure the resort photographer is great but their packages are much more expensive.  The middle wedding package includes 36 pictures I believe and if you are using an outside photographer, I think you just forfeit this part of the package. I'm sure you can't go wrong with whatever you choose!

#3246 drbride83

drbride83
            • 47 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 08:59 PM

From my understanding you would have to pay per person over 20, but if you look at the pricing you already are paying per person for the 20 guests so going up to 30 wouldn't really be a much of a difference.

Silver Dinner: 20 people x $31 (which is what they charge for the extra people) = $620 (which is the same price as the package already).

Silver Cocktail: 20 people x $9/person = $180 (same as package)

At least that is what I've noticed unless I'm some how getting myself confused! We are doing the silver dinner, and we have over 20 people so once we get back I will hopefully be able to tell you girls what they do with the over 20 people, unless another bride who's already been there knows? Maybe they charge taxes on anyone over 20 people?

Originally Posted by ksugirl 

How does the pricing work on the dinners and cocktail parties?  I think we are going to go with the Silver dinner and cocktails but the most they give a price for is 20 guests.  We will have at least 30.  Will we have to pay per person for the dinner, party, and cake for anything over 20 people?  That could get expensive in a hurry so I would like to plan ahead.  Thanks for your help!

#3247 drbride83

drbride83
              • 47 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 09:07 PM

I'm not sure about that one regarding the form, as the one I filled out didn't have those options. I just submitted the one my wedding coordinator sent me and then requested one of the terraces when my date was officially confirmed. Probably best to email one of the wedding coordinators to ask as they would be able to give you a better answer.

Originally Posted by LiveLaughLove 

Also ... I just realized my original post didn't show! I'm new to the forum and loving it so far! Everyone here seems so great! :-D I have a question that I'm hoping someone can help me with. I wanted to fill out the online wedding request form and the only 3 options for preferred reception locations are beach, gazebo and ballroom. How do I request one of the terraces?

#3248 summafool1

summafool1
                • 223 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 09:08 PM

anyone know how the new rooms look?

#3249 lilboltz10

lilboltz10
                  • 102 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 05:26 AM

If the 20 guests are $25 per person, or $500, then 30 guests are $25 pp as well, or $750.  If you have, say, 15 guests, you still have to pay the minimum $500 for the reception.... same goes for cocktail hour. 

Originally Posted by ksugirl 

#3250 lilboltz10

lilboltz10
                    • 102 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 05:31 AM

I sent you a PM.

Originally Posted by LiveLaughLove 

Does anyone know how much it costs to hire an outside photographer to come to Dreams and what the package includes? I'm trying to save money but it seems like everyone is very happy they spent the money on this! Thanks! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users