Jump to content

Photo

Dreams Punta Cana Brides


  • Please log in to reply
4752 replies to this topic

#2991 JackieandTim

JackieandTim
  • Newbie
  • 61 posts

    Posted 25 October 2010 - 08:34 AM

    Carol, I feel your pain girl! I've got 19 days to go!!



    #2992 xxashleyxx007

    xxashleyxx007
    • Jr. Member
    • 227 posts

      Posted 25 October 2010 - 03:42 PM



      Originally Posted by SomersSK 

      Hi Everyone,

       

      I'm getting married on January 12, 2011, and can't wait!

       

      I have a few questions and I wonder if anyone can help...for those of you who have already been married there.

       

      We have specific music that we have picked out for our beach wedding.  So prelude/processional and recessional, as well as music to play well the guests are seated....after the recessional.  We will have this all on our ipod.  Do they have speakers on the beach to do this?  If so, who plays the songs on the ipod for you??

       

      After the ceremony, do they hand out champagne immediately for all the guests?

       

      Also, for the reception, we have the himitsu terrace booked (we wanted the bordeax but had too many ppl ).  We plan on having all the music preset up on our ipod, and would like to have a dance after the dinner.  Is there a dance floor on the terrace?  Also, do you have to rent the speakers at an extra charge?  Is there a microphone available for the m.c?

       

      Any help you ladies can provide would be great!!!



      On the beach, they bring the speakers out and the wedding coordinator will play and stop the music as you direct her to in the meeting a few days before your big day.

       

      Yes, after the ceremony, the hand out the champagne ASAP.

       

      There is no "dance floor" but there is tons of space for your guests to dance on the himitsu terrace. I think you do have to rent the speakers for $110 or something like that. There is a mic and the WC will pause the music for whoever wants to speak.

       

      Hope that helps.

       

       

      I just got back from my wedding last Monday. It was beautiful. And I agree with Nat... if possible book the bordeaux terrace, it's gorgeous and a little more private than himitsu, but they are all nice. El patio terrace is really small, and the people inside the restaurant can look out the window and see your reception. Any other questions, maybe I can help!



      #2993 beachbum2010

      beachbum2010
      • Newbie
      • 73 posts

        Posted 26 October 2010 - 04:01 AM



        Originally Posted by JackieandTim 

        Carol, I feel your pain girl! I've got 19 days to go!!



        I am at 24 days...and 9 more days of work.  Short of dying, I don't feel that I am going to make it.  Most of my plans are all in place.  My job has been crazy busy lately and in addition to the wedding, I am so excited for a vacation!!!!



        #2994 nsbride2010

        nsbride2010
        • Sr. Member
        • 2,528 posts

          Posted 26 October 2010 - 05:51 AM



          Originally Posted by SomersSK 

          Hi Everyone,

           

          I'm getting married on January 12, 2011, and can't wait!

           

          I have a few questions and I wonder if anyone can help...for those of you who have already been married there.

           

          We have specific music that we have picked out for our beach wedding.  So prelude/processional and recessional, as well as music to play well the guests are seated....after the recessional.  We will have this all on our ipod.  Do they have speakers on the beach to do this?  If so, who plays the songs on the ipod for you??

           

          After the ceremony, do they hand out champagne immediately for all the guests?

           

          Also, for the reception, we have the himitsu terrace booked (we wanted the bordeax but had too many ppl

          Hey everyone!  I have a quick question for the ladies who have already been married at DPC.  We want to have a cocktail get together at one of the bars the night before the wedding.  What bars are ideal for this type of thing?  We will have 65 people there.  Thanks!


          Hmm... you mean you want to just get together for drinks, or have an actual cocktail served?  I'm not sure what the cost would be for a cocktail hour type thing, maybe someone else can help with that!  But if you are looking to get together for drinks, there is a bar adjacent to the gazebo (I think its called the Veranda) in the San Domingo Plaza that would be great, lots of room and little tables.  65 people would be a lot for the bordeaux terrace, but it probably COULD be done!


           

          Originally Posted by beachbum2010 





          I am at 24 days...and 9 more days of work.  Short of dying, I don't feel that I am going to make it.  Most of my plans are all in place.  My job has been crazy busy lately and in addition to the wedding, I am so excited for a vacation!!!!


          I wish I was going back, I was going crazy at 24 days and positively FREAKING OUT once I was done work (which was actually only the Friday before we left... which was on a Monday).  You will have a great time, don't worry about what you will forget or remember to bring, it will be great no matter what!

           

           

          Another suggestion that I have for brides who might do the sand ceremony.  B and I did yours in front of our guests, and then it got wrecked in the travel process (even though we carried it on).  What I recommend you do is doing the ceremony in front of your guests, and taking a little bit of beach sand home with you in a bottle in your suitcase, and re-doing it at home.  None of our guests were ever the wiser!
           


          Enjoying marital bliss since July 1st, 2010

          #2995 lilboltz10

          lilboltz10
          • Newbie
          • 102 posts

            Posted 26 October 2010 - 10:26 AM



            Originally Posted by nsbride2010 

            Hmm... you mean you want to just get together for drinks, or have an actual cocktail served?  I'm not sure what the cost would be for a cocktail hour type thing, maybe someone else can help with that!  But if you are looking to get together for drinks, there is a bar adjacent to the gazebo (I think its called the Veranda) in the San Domingo Plaza that would be great, lots of room and little tables.  65 people would be a lot for the bordeaux terrace, but it probably COULD be done!
             



            Nat - It is just a get together for drinks since everyone arrives on different dates.  Everyone will be there on Thursday so we thought we'd have an open cocktail hour type thing (not set up by Dreams).  So Veranda is a good location for us?   



            #2996 beachbum2010

            beachbum2010
            • Newbie
            • 73 posts

              Posted 26 October 2010 - 02:11 PM



              Originally Posted by lilboltz10 





              Nat - It is just a get together for drinks since everyone arrives on different dates.  Everyone will be there on Thursday so we thought we'd have an open cocktail hour type thing (not set up by Dreams).  So Veranda is a good location for us?   



              I am getting married at DPC in a few weeks.  We are having a bon fire the night before the wedding with a basic bar on the beach - beer, rum and mix.  I got a quoted rated for this - I don't have it in front of me, but we have 43 people and for the bar it is about $300 an hour - roughly.  The WC originally sent me a huge list of different options just for a bar - the selection is fairly big and bigger than what we wanted.  If you are interested in setting up a cocktail hour or event like you are describing, you can ask the WC for a bar menu - I think there are 3 packages for just a bar.  Hope this helps a bit.



              #2997 nsbride2010

              nsbride2010
              • Sr. Member
              • 2,528 posts

                Posted 26 October 2010 - 03:31 PM

                I think it would be!  There is a lot of room to mingle, and the show is right next door!


                Enjoying marital bliss since July 1st, 2010

                #2998 alykay

                alykay
                • Site Supporter
                • 77 posts

                  Posted 28 October 2010 - 08:18 AM

                  Hello ladies who have been already married at the wonderful Dreams Punta Cana.

                   

                  Im stressing about my hair and the style etc, Ive heard good things about the ladies that do the hairstyles at Dreams but does anyone know names?

                   

                  Can you recommend who is the most experienced with bridal hair so that I know who to book with?

                   

                  thanks so much

                  Getting Married in Dreams Punta Cana May 25, 2011

                   

                   



                  #2999 JackieandTim

                  JackieandTim
                  • Newbie
                  • 61 posts

                    Posted 28 October 2010 - 08:42 AM

                    Some girl just posted on the FB page the other day this "If anyone is going to have their hair, make up done at the resort, Ywaleska is the lady to ask for she is amazing, she did the hair and make up for my wedding party and she made sure all the other girls did a good job too, she told them to stop and redo the bits that were'nt perfect, she is definaltley the lady to ask for xxx"

                     

                    Originally Posted by alykay 

                    Hello ladies who have been already married at the wonderful Dreams Punta Cana.

                     

                    Im stressing about my hair and the style etc, Ive heard good things about the ladies that do the hairstyles at Dreams but does anyone know names?

                     

                    Can you recommend who is the most experienced with bridal hair so that I know who to book with?

                     

                    thanks so much

                    Getting Married in Dreams Punta Cana May 25, 2011

                     

                     





                    #3000 alykay

                    alykay
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 77 posts

                      Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:34 AM

                      ok thx Jackie for this info : )

                      I will try to book it with her






                      2 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users


                        Google (1)