Jump to content

Photo

Dreams Punta Cana Brides


  • Please log in to reply
4752 replies to this topic

#2931 DRwedgal2011

DRwedgal2011
  • Newbie
  • 69 posts

    Posted 28 September 2010 - 06:59 PM

    Yeah!! I just got my wedding date confirmed!! I'm officially a Dreams Punta Cana Bride on July 11, 2011!!! :) A little sad I got a Monday, but I'm soooo excited to start planning!! :)



    #2932 glam

    glam
    • Newbie
    • 16 posts

      Posted 29 September 2010 - 08:14 AM



      Originally Posted by DRwedgal2011 

      Yeah!! I just got my wedding date confirmed!! I'm officially a Dreams Punta Cana Bride on July 11, 2011!!! :) A little sad I got a Monday, but I'm soooo excited to start planning!! :)



      Congrats! I'm a Monday bride, too- Monday, May 30, 2011- but I figure it still close to the weekend, for guests who don't want to take a lot of time off of work. Plus our date is on a holiday weekend- which creates another dilemma below.

       

      What to do next i.e. Save the Dates or Invites. We sent out an email with the dates, info on the resort, how to book, etc.  My mom says skip the Save the Dates and get started on the formal invites, but I feel like this may be too early to send out the invites with a reply card (because they will get lost, people will procrastinate, etc).  I was thinking maybe right after Christmas- so then maybe I should send out paper save the dates now.  What to do???

      Attached Files



      #2933 cristinimartini

      cristinimartini
      • Banned
      • 546 posts

        Posted 29 September 2010 - 09:08 AM

        I was a Monday bride (5/24/10) and it was AWESOME!!! Perfect for those who, like you said, just want to take a long weekend. Most family arrived on Thursday and left on Tuesday, some came Saturday...it really made it better for budgets! We could get a group rate though since not everyone was coming/going at the same time. I didn't care though. We were staying 9 days so we got the complimentary package for free and that was all I needed!

         

        We didn't send out STDs since we got engaged in January and our wedding was May. Our close family knew about it, but I made sure to send out our invites by the first week of March. I knew pretty much who was coming, only 2 surprises, which were welcome :)  We ended up with 19 people, including us, so it couldn't have worked out more perfectly!

         

        Don't be sad about a Monday! It's a great day!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!



        #2934 shellymr83

        shellymr83
        • Newbie
        • 11 posts

          Posted 29 September 2010 - 07:16 PM



          Originally Posted by glam 





          Congrats! I'm a Monday bride, too- Monday, May 30, 2011- but I figure it still close to the weekend, for guests who don't want to take a lot of time off of work. Plus our date is on a holiday weekend- which creates another dilemma below.

           

          What to do next i.e. Save the Dates or Invites. We sent out an email with the dates, info on the resort, how to book, etc.  My mom says skip the Save the Dates and get started on the formal invites, but I feel like this may be too early to send out the invites with a reply card (because they will get lost, people will procrastinate, etc).  I was thinking maybe right after Christmas- so then maybe I should send out paper save the dates now.  What to do???


          I am getting married on May 20th, so maybe we will see you there.  I sent save the dates out last week and I am going to send formal invites by the 1st of the year.  I thought now would be too early too for formal invites.  Although, I did have some friends who wanted to book early who I didnt even think would be coming, so I guess the earlier they get the info the better.

           

          Good luck!



          #2935 DRwedgal2011

          DRwedgal2011
          • Newbie
          • 69 posts

            Posted 30 September 2010 - 09:55 AM

            Thanks, ladies, I'm getting so excited. I'm probably way premature, but I'm hoping to send my save-the-dates out by mid-October, and the formal invited by mid-January, with an RSVP date of May 1st. I'm hoping to give people plenty of time to save if they can. For past Dreams brides, if anyone used Michael Weiler/Caribbean Emotions-- did he also come with a videographer, or is he only a photographer? Thanks :)



            #2936 NicolaBisogni

            NicolaBisogni
            • Newbie
            • 8 posts

              Posted 30 September 2010 - 12:51 PM

              please check also http://www.nicolabisogni.com his work and prices are gorgeous!!!!!!!



              #2937 NicolaBisogni

              NicolaBisogni
              • Newbie
              • 8 posts

                Posted 30 September 2010 - 01:05 PM



                Originally Posted by DRwedgal2011 View Post

                Thanks, ladies, I'm getting so excited. I'm probably way premature, but I'm hoping to send my save-the-dates out by mid-October, and the formal invited by mid-January, with an RSVP date of May 1st. I'm hoping to give people plenty of time to save if they can. For past Dreams brides, if anyone used Michael Weiler/Caribbean Emotions-- did he also come with a videographer, or is he only a photographer? Thanks :)



                 

                hi

                 

                 

                im nicolas wedding photographer here in puntacana bavaro i write you fot to know my own web site 

                check on www.nicolabisogni.com and write me for any question and curiosity..



                #2938 NicolaBisogni

                NicolaBisogni
                • Newbie
                • 8 posts

                  Posted 30 September 2010 - 01:07 PM



                  Originally Posted by DRwedgal2011 View Post

                  Thanks, ladies, I'm getting so excited. I'm probably way premature, but I'm hoping to send my save-the-dates out by mid-October, and the formal invited by mid-January, with an RSVP date of May 1st. I'm hoping to give people plenty of time to save if they can. For past Dreams brides, if anyone used Michael Weiler/Caribbean Emotions-- did he also come with a videographer, or is he only a photographer? Thanks :)


                  check also www.nicolabisogni.com his work and prices are gourgeous!!!!!!!!!



                  #2939 glam

                  glam
                  • Newbie
                  • 16 posts

                    Posted 30 September 2010 - 01:22 PM

                    Thanks, ladies. I don't mind being a Monday bride at all. Thanks for the tips re: invites & STDs.  I actually worked on my website and STD design today.  I figure as a courtesy I should show them to my FH before I push the submit button to place my order, but I am so eager to have something done- that I don't really want to wait (trying very hard to be good, though.) 



                    #2940 glam

                    glam
                    • Newbie
                    • 16 posts

                      Posted 30 September 2010 - 01:24 PM



                       

                      Originally Posted by shellymr83 




                      I am getting married on May 20th, so maybe we will see you there.  I sent save the dates out last week and I am going to send formal invites by the 1st of the year.  I thought now would be too early too for formal invites.  Although, I did have some friends who wanted to book early who I didnt even think would be coming, so I guess the earlier they get the info the better.

                       

                      Good luck!



                      Hi Shelly, We arrive on the 25th, so you will be a Mrs. by the time I arrive.  I'll send you a PM. This is so exciting. 






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users