Dreams Punta Cana Brides

• Please log in to reply
4752 replies to this topic

#2921 ska2m

ska2m
  • Site Supporter
  • 150 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 02:59 PM

Quick question, how many days in advance are you girls getting there prior to your actual wedding day? I know we need to be onsite 2 days in advance, but are you all getting there earlier than the two days? Thanks! Ska Ska

#2922 ksugirl

ksugirl
    • 21 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 05:23 PM

We are getting married on a Thursday and arriving the Sunday prior.  We are staying 7 days before we head to Turkes and Caicos.

#2923 ksugirl

ksugirl
      • 21 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 05:25 PM

Could you possibly send me the photos that she sent you?  I am wanting to have a reception on the beach as well and pics would definitely help me make my decision.  Thanks!  I'll try to PM you my email address.

#2924 cristinimartini

cristinimartini
        • Banned
        • 546 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 04:06 AM

Hi Ska Ska!

The amount of time you need to be in the DR before you get married depends on if it's going to be a legal ceremony or a symbolic one. If it's legal, I believe a 3 business day requirement is mandated by the country, but if it's symbolic, then it's really up to you. Even though we did a symbolic ceremony, our WC (Sharron, who is no longer with DPC) suggested 3 business days (so we arrived on a Wednesday), just  to make sure we had eveything squared away prior to the date, which was a Monday, and therefore the weekend was basically a wash for all things "business-related". But I got a couple extra days in paradise, so there was NO complaining from me! :-)

C

#2925 beachbum2010

beachbum2010
          • 73 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by JackieandTim 

Beachbum, yes! My wedding is this coming November 13th! Our ceremony is at 5 on the beach so you'll have to check it out if you arrive by then! We'll have to meet for a drink at the swim up bar :)

I won't be arriving until November 14th and our wedding on the 19th.  We will have to meet up at the swing up bar and let me know how it went!!  November is coming so quickly...I am getting excited!!!

#2926 beachbum2010

beachbum2010
            • 73 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by ska2m 

Quick question, how many days in advance are you girls getting there prior to your actual wedding day? I know we need to be onsite 2 days in advance, but are you all getting there earlier than the two days? Thanks! Ska Ska

I am arriving on November 14 (Sun) and getting married November 19th (fri).  If you are having a legal ceremony, I am pretty sure you have to be in the country for 3 business days, weekends, holidays and arrival date apparently do not count. 

#2927 JackieandTim

JackieandTim
              • 61 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beachbum2010 

I won't be arriving until November 14th and our wedding on the 19th.  We will have to meet up at the swing up bar and let me know how it went!!  November is coming so quickly...I am getting excited!!!

You can find me at the pool on Sunday in my Mrs. bikini! I'll give you my own personal review.

#2928 beachbum2010

beachbum2010
                • 73 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by JackieandTim 

Quote:

You can find me at the pool on Sunday in my Mrs. bikini! I'll give you my own personal review.

I look forward to it!!!

#2929 ska2m

ska2m
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 150 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 11:41 AM

Thanks all for your responses! I'll be arriving Tuesday then for the legal ceremony and the wedding is on a saturday! My Save the dates are going out October 1st! I can't wait! =)

#2930 lyndsay_h

lyndsay_h
                    • 218 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 02:37 PM

Our wedding is on Nov 23rd but we're getting there on the 20th, and that's a saturday...we were told by Sharon it's just a thing they say but it's not a requirement.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users