Dreams Punta Cana Brides

• Please log in to reply
4752 replies to this topic

#2901 DRwedgal2011

DRwedgal2011
  • 69 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by lyndsay_h 

When we were booking we looked at doing a group booking through expedia instead of using a TA and the expedia lady was pretty honest and helpful.  If you have a few people it's fine, but it with the size of our group (40 people) it would be a gamble...  The price will be good for the first person who books, but as people start booking the price will increase because they'll realize demand is going up.  So hard to coordinate everybody in your group booking simultaneously.  Plus each website is only give a certain amount of rooms, so the availability might not be there anyway.

I think it sounded ok if you don't have a whole lot of people.  We ended up doing a group booking with a TA because with the discounts (book 5 rooms get a 6th free, then $1000 off the group price per 10 people booked) it ended up being reasonable, and out of that only 1 couple decided to go with orbitz instead.  I think they're regretting it a little because they didn't realize at the time that everyone else would book with the group, and are now the only ones on a separate flight.

Lindsay_H Do you know if these discounts apply to all people who book group rooms at Dreams? Or was this a deal your TA was able to get you specifically? Thanks! :)

#2902 lyndsay_h

lyndsay_h
    • 218 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:36 PM

I'm pretty sure the book 5 rooms get the 6th for free was offered by Dreams, and I know the $1000 off per 10 people was a special that the airline was having.  Though we were told that when your travel agent requests to block a number of rooms for a group the resorts raise their prices, so i think getting the 6th room free offsets that cost.

#2903 JENISE

JENISE
      • 652 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:02 PM

I love you girls....Chris, Misty, and Eliana!!!

(Chris, you can keep the b*tch! lol)

Best of luck to all the future DPB brides! You won't be disappointed at all. Hope it's a magical day for all of you.

#2904 welljen

welljen
        • Site Supporter
        • 94 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 04:10 AM

Hi Ladies,

Just wanted to let you know that DPC has updated their Wedding Information Package Brochure and surprise, surprise - they have increased the prices of their wedding packages.

The biggest increase was to the Complementary "Dreams Weddings in Paradise Package", which I guess is because they got wise to all of us going with that one and then picking and choosing other options a la carte!

You can check it out here: http://www.amresorts...dding-guide.pdf

Figured I'd pass along the info.

Jenn

#2905 ska2m

ska2m
          • Site Supporter
          • 150 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 08:04 AM

Thanks Jenn, i figured they would go up. I wonder if they will honor the old prices if we booked in advance for 2011.... I'll ask my WC and see what she says!

#2906 glam

glam
            • 16 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 09:37 AM

Thanks for the info. I am now almost officially a Dreams Punta Cana bride, my travel agent confirmed that they had an opening that day and I faxed my reservation form to her, so now I am just awaiting confirmation that Dreams has accepted it.

I am way excited!  Crossing my fingers that we'll be getting married May 30, 2011 

#2907 shellymr83

shellymr83
              • 11 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 01:17 PM

Good Luck Glam!  I hope you get the date you want!

Originally Posted by glam 

Thanks for the info. I am now almost officially a Dreams Punta Cana bride, my travel agent confirmed that they had an opening that day and I faxed my reservation form to her, so now I am just awaiting confirmation that Dreams has accepted it.

I am way excited!  Crossing my fingers that we'll be getting married May 30, 2011 

Thanks for the info Jenn!  

If we book 7 nights of more the basic package is still included right?

Originally Posted by welljen 

Hi Ladies,

Just wanted to let you know that DPC has updated their Wedding Information Package Brochure and surprise, surprise - they have increased the prices of their wedding packages.

The biggest increase was to the Complementary "Dreams Weddings in Paradise Package", which I guess is because they got wise to all of us going with that one and then picking and choosing other options a la carte!

You can check it out here: http://www.amresorts...dding-guide.pdf

Figured I'd pass along the info.

Jenn

#2908 alykay

alykay
                • Site Supporter
                • 77 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 10:03 PM

hey we are having a double wedding on may 23 and may 26, may be we will see u there : )

#2909 glam

glam
                  • 16 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 10:30 AM

Thanks! we did get the date.  So, we'll be arriving May 25th.  Enjoy your wedding

#2910 Sherri84

Sherri84
                    • 169 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 03:19 PM

I just booked my legal date - February 11th at 7pm! How exciting!!! It's all coming soo fast, I still have sooo much to do lol! It's exactly 5 months 'till we leave for Punta Cana!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users